Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
i go to great expense getting combined flea,worm and tic treatment from the vets for my cats.
started getting a stray white cat sneaking in to eat there food and i suspect its bringing in fleas.
yesterday i found a whopping big bite on my left knee swelling it up.:mad::sad:
got up this morning and my left lower leg has gone into spasm overdrive.:sad:............coinsidence? i dont think so.
i'm going to skin that cat and the pesky flea if i find it;)

Horrors, Caroline. I battled them for years... Your body's reaction is awful. Do you need a flea treatment for use on yourself?:shock:

Our dogs brought them in and shared them with the cats. Finally when we were down to one dog, she rolled in chicken manure, irritating me no end. She had, however, rid herself from fleas. Now, I'm not actually suggesting....!

One of my 3 dogs kept getting infested with fleas even though we faithfully used Frontline. We weren't having a problem with a house infestation. I switched to Comfortis. Apparently, it kills the fleas almost immediately after they bite the dog. No more live fleas on the dog or in the house.

boy I sure do not miss living in CA where we had to let a bomb off in the house every year to keep them at bay! And our dog was allergic to all the flea control meds. She use to get terrible skin rashes that would get infected and ooze. Up here in AK we do not get the typical brown flea. Although this year for the first time ever we have seen an outside infestation of sand fleas. Haven't gotten bitten by them (not sure if they are too small to bite humans) but they are everywhere outside. Worse than the mosquitos (which I have only seen a couple of those this year). Makes you wonder if the sand fleas are killing off the mosquito population!;)

So sorry olly that you had a reaction to the flea bite. Hope you get them under control before they get you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back