Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Today I worked in my garden, the winter sun shining, my puppy digging my plants up as fast as I planted them........ I got thinking about all the positives that have come out of having a progressive neurological disorder. I work with MS patients, I always thought I was empathetic and understanding, but until I developed a neurological condition of my own, I realised that I never really did understand.

Now when I document their fatigue, I really feel it, when they talk about their fear, I feel it. It has made me such a better nurse. On a level I could never have attained before.

Today I felt joy that I may be able to make a real difference in other peoples life. The local MND feild officer position is coming up and I have decided to apply for the job. While I am able I must make a difference, then my life will mean something.

Take heart when you a scared and frightened, you are seeing the world in a pure form that you were not able to see before.

I think this has made my husband a better neurologist. he now comes home from work and the reality of what he tells people everyday, is stareing him in the face.

So look at what may have changed for the better.

Thanks for letting me unload. I just felt so much JOY
Aly

Hi Aly,
I am glad you are getting on with life.
I whish you success in your application for the MND position. If you get it you will be able to provide a unique perspective to the people you meet.

You are in a fairly unique situation with your husband as he is being educated, much more than any body can from text books. This, as you said, will make him better for it, I am sure. We all need understanding doctors while we fight this condition we have.

Don’t worry about unloading here, that’s what the forum is about, amongst other things. It’s a place to share grief, joy, humour and hope etc. We are all in this together and gain strength from each others stories, what ever they are.

Cheers
Peter

P.S., perhaps i might move over to NZ, what with caring, understanding neuro's and potentially the same in a MND field Officer :smile:

this sounds good to me , wishing you the best

Dear Aly,
Good for you-being able to find the joy and celebrate it!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Praying you get the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back