Diagnosis
6/2009
Country
AUS
State
New South Wales
City
Nemingha
The problem that I have is, very dry sticky mouth, so much that my lips and the inside of my mouth sticks to the gum. I am woken 2 to 3 times every night with this problem.
I was advised by the people that supply the BiPap machine to use a gel to alleviate this problem. This made no difference at all. I asked my doctor about the same problem and he suggested using vasaline on the lips before putting the mask on. This also has been to no avail.
I was wondering whether any one may have experienced this problem and what you could suggest to overcome it.
Thanks Barry G for your help and instruction on how to place this thread.

Regards Garry Lee

Hi Dixie. Does your Bipap have a humidifier? Try adjusting it higher if you can. If it has none contact the supplier to see if one is available. Try keeping your mouth closed if you can. Chin straps are available for that. Hope this helps.

AL.

Hello AlI was never provided with a humidifier, when fitted with a BiPap machine. No mention of needing one from the hospital in Newcastle. Newcastle is coastal and Tamworth where I live is about four hours inland, and on the western side of the great dividing range, which runs down the full-length Australia.

I also have a full face mask, and find it recently comfortable and no problems sleeping with it except for this dry mouth and soreness on the bridge of the nose.
Regards Garry Lee

The straps for the top of the mask could be a bit tight causing the soreness. They do need some fine tuning sometimes.

AL.

Thank you AlI will get Lynette to loosen the top strap off a little bit tonight.

So Garry Lee, I am assuming that the air in your area is quite dry. You should ask about a humidifier for your BiPap and see what they can give you and how soon. Would a room humidifier near the intake to the bipap work or help until you can get the part?

Barry yes, the air is dry here on the western side of the ranges. I'll enquire about the humidifier with the suppliers of the BiPap tomorrow and see what they have to say. Barry, how do they attached to the mask? I know it's probably a dumb question but I really haven't had any thing to do with them.

Garry

Garry, because I don't have a BiPap I can't answer but there are lot of others here that will. I know that when (if?) I do get one I will have to have a humidifier cause the air is very dry here too. Good luck and stay moist.

I have a humidifier with my bipap and I also run a room humidifier in my bedroom. Helps a lot but i still wake up with some of that... Not so nice i know.... Linda

On mine, hose comes out of bipap and into top of humidifier and air blows across water and longer hose connects from top of container to mask. There is usually a heater control to heat the water to make air more moist.

AL.

You have my answer in response to a PM you sent me, complete with pictures that show how it is connected into the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back