Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I saw the stupidest thing on T.V. a while back... Some guy with some crazy syndrome that involved his mind telling him one of his legs was a foreign object that needed to be cut off. The program showed the guy winding up getting it amputated.

My mind has been constantly complaining to me (oh, that whining mind of mine!) about the never-ending leg cramps and has been suggesting amputation. I'd almost go for it but I've read too much about lingering "ghost" pain. You know, the nerves somehow sending messages to the brain that the cutoff limb is still there and in pain...

In my case, I'd be the guy to have lingering "ghost" leg cramps.

Call me Stumpy!

I really do appreciate that I still walk as well as I do and to have muscles that can still cramp. It does get awfully tiresome, though - the cramping and muscle knotting. I'll just have another chunk of cheese (a nice vintage Swiss!) with this whine.

Next neuro appt = mid April. I'm going for some cramp candy this time!

PZ

Did they suggest bananas to you? They told Tom He should eat a banana before bedtime. I assume it is the potassium in it that helps the muscle.

my daughter sent me some great stuff it is called cal-mag, it is in pwder form and you mix it with anything or you can just drink it as is, It tastes like alka- sektzer, you can buy it at amazon .com. The brand name is Thorne and has worked woders for my leg cramps, might be worth a shot, margaret

Bananas I can eat by the bunch to no effect on the cramps but Margaret, I'll give the cal-mag a go. Thanks!

Stumpy

How's about some of that medical marijuana? Isn't that supposed to help with cramps? (Or maybe makes you just not care.:))

Picturing Gumby with a big fat doobie in his mouth LOL.

Stumpy Gumby with a "big fat doobie in his mouth" rotflmao toooo funny tajmom! Kim, I am really sorry that the cramps are bad. GET DRUGS and you will feel better. hugs, Kay Marie

Kay Marie, I'm not leaving the next appointment without my cramp candy!

Now that my leg muscles have all quit working so has the spasms. Until they did, used Valium, and Balcofen.

Didn''t they use to have a song with the words, Doobiee, Doobiee, do? Wanna bet the guy who wrote it had one? :roll::roll:

Capt Al, Too funny!

I like the mental image of Gumby toking on a big, fat doobie singing, "Somewhere in the night, dooh-doobie-do do!"

Last edited:
Oh this is too funny ... may support pals help you in that department ... can't be doobie doobie doing with us ! Funny I had actually thought that it may have relieved Dad I'd get him whatever he please ... Asking a few nephews if they would "share" was on the tip of my tongue for the longest time. Cheminaud Brandy is what he knew/enjoy and until he was able to swallow I'd make sure he'd never run out ... So we'd sit on the porch, a tea for me (boring) and brandy for Dad, stare out at the horses, wheat fields, the dogs for hours ...

I'm suppose to finish and paint a room, or rather the trims before the flooring come in and all I can think of is sitting back on the porch with my Dad ... its all the little things we miss .... that and I'm still chuckling at the above posts ....

I have found if I wiggle my toes the leg pains reside. I have also been taking magnesium chloride, and it has helped me regain almost normal feeling in my leg. I've notice my ankle is not a purple as it was so something is happening!

has anyone found the club soda w/quinine any benefit? docs recommended that for my hubby, but I don't think he's drinking enough for it to have any effect...how many do you have to drink each day?!

If you go to the GNC website they have somethig called Leg Cramps I think and it has more quinine than the soda and is a capsule.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back