Diagnosis
12/2006
Country
US
State
CA
City
Yucca Valley
I am nearing the need for a lift in the bathroom for being placed in the tub. I have seen the "Sure Hands" wall mount and like it. I don't want the ceiling track type.
I have also seen another company that looks interesting called
"Mobility Lift System".
Does anyone know about Mobility Lift System? I Would like to know what you think.

Judy

hi judy.
have you considered adapting your bathroom to a wet room?
i now have a wet room and many pals prefer this idea.
a wet room gives you more independance and is wheelchair accessable.

it does cost a bit but is well worth it in the long term.
i would think a lift would cost alot also or would it be provided by alsa or mda?

i have a few photos of mine in my album if you want to look,i know rose has some in hers of her new wetroom.
its worth thinking about:smile:

Hi Caroline,
Thanks for responding.
I would like to see photos of your wetroom, if they are easily available. I don't think my husband will go for an extensive remodeling though. A hoyer lift won't do for me and those are are the lifts ALSA has to loan out.

Judy

hi judy,i have posted 2 photos of my wetroom.
also a usa web site i found with bath lifts that you may find usefull.

the main structural thing in installing a wetroom is sloping the floor a bit and installing drainage other than that its cosmetic...................like tiles,flooring ,seat ect.
you can go cheap or expensive on the cosmetic stuff.

if you have no plans in moving home in the distant future than a wetroom is a consideration.
i was thinking that a bath lift maybe ok for now but not further down the line.
i moved to a disabled adapted home so my wetroom was already fitted as standard.

you should really get someone out to demonstrate various bath lifts before you buy to check if there suitable.
also it would not hurt to get a few quotes on installing a wetroom.

hope this helped you a bit:)

sorry.
for some reason the manage attachments is not working,i'll try again later and post the photos.

I have a overhead lift system over my bed, but a wall mount in the bathroom.

ALS_KILLS :: Voyager Lift in Bedroom picture by ShakeyMarble - Photobucket

This one, Voyager, is not mounted to the ceiling. but is supported by two poles. You can read about it at: http://www.southwestmedical.com/pro...Patient-Ceiling-Lift-w-2-Post-Track-1539.html

The bathroom one Ergolift:
ALS_KILLS :: Ergolift Wall mount picture by ShakeyMarble - Photobucket

You can see my bathroom set up on my album page under
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/members/649-bathroom++lift+equipment-albums115.html

One of the best things I ever got was the Bidet seat attachment shown on my pictures. After the job is done, push a button and warm water washes your bottom, the it blows warm air to dry you. Great for when you need assistance there.

Last edited by a moderator:
why is it not working when i tap on manage files?

You can add pictures by uploading them from your computer using the yellow insert image link above or you can use a storage site like Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
which will store your photos for free and then give you a link to them to insert on your post.
If you are trying to view another users pics then click on their name, view public profile, and on bottom right it will list Albums which have the pictures in them.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
done in so many times but just not working now?

Judith, thanks for the post. It helps me understand things I will be needing (some I should've already gotten) to assist my husband. Wasn't aware of the system designed for the bed. He can definately use this now as he has "tennis elbow" in both elbows now due to over use.

Hi, Judith-

Have you seen "TubBuddy"? Not sure if this is something you're looking for, but came across it in my own search for shower chairs.

It is not cheap, but not nearly as much as a renovation. The site is myshowerbuddy dot com- saw it in the MDA magazine. But google tubbuddy or shower buddy and you can get lots of hits. There is even a youtube link that shows an animation of how the tub buddy works. (if I was tech savvy I would know how to post it- where is Barry when I need him?LOL)

Just another option for your consideration- as well as tajmom!
Good luck!

Last edited:
Barry-
I really didn't mean for you to do that, but thanks. You can put that on my tab!

Hi, Judith-

Have you seen "TubBuddy"? Not sure if this is something you're looking for, but came across it in my own search for shower chairs.

It is not cheap, but not nearly as much as a renovation. The site is myshowerbuddy dot com- saw it in the MDA magazine. But google tubbuddy or shower buddy and you can get lots of hits. There is even a youtube link that shows an animation of how the tub buddy works. (if I was tech savvy I would know how to post it- where is Barry when I need him?LOL)

Just another option for your consideration- as well as tajmom!
Good luck!

Thanks,
This does look really neat! I would use the Tub buddy. I would like feedback if anyone has this product and how much it costs.
Thank you Barry for the link.

Judith

Judith-

When I googled, one site listed the tubbuddy as $2000. Can't remember if this was the one that tilted back or just sat straight-up. I'm sure you can check different sites.
(the basic roll-in-shower chair was $855- that looked very similar to Al's & Joel's)

I would want to see it first. If you go to the myshowerbuddy dot com site, look for "locate a dealer". Hopefully there would be one not too far from you. If you like it, you could always look for better deals on the internet. (that is if it isn't too much trouble to assemble- sometimes that just isn't worth it, you know what I mean?!?)

Even though there were no dealers in the immediate Philadelphia area, there were 3 within a 50 mile radius- 2 only about 30 miles away.

Good luck!

Hello,

I am new to this forum as of yesterday (my husband Dx 2/09 legs on-set). Unsure how to start a new thread so connecting my question here--hope that's ok.

Hope that you have found answers or some direction re: lift systems (for the questions listed below). Sure wish there was a game plan book with various options for each situation. Eventhough each PAL is different there are certainly some common denominators.

Anyway, any feedback on a vertical outside lift? We live in MN and I believe that an inside lift might be the better long term solution for our split entry and given the weather, but am respectful of my husband's wishes to not put a big lift in our small living space and an incline lift on the stairs won't work.

We have rec'd a bid, checked on-line, met with a carpenter....but no clear answers on what would be best. While I'm here has anyone purchased a vertical lift on-line and allowed a contractor to install it?

Thank you very much and big hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back