11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
hello everyone.
sorry i have been away so long but i have been ill for several weeks now.

about 4 wks ago i developed severe upper abdominal/back pain that lasted for a week then eased off a few days but i did not seek medical help.
then it returned and i had to go to hospital,they suspected panreatitis but tests were inconclusive.
i returned home but continue to have persistant upper abdominal pain and developed really bad burning over a week ago.
they dont think its the pancreas itself but a stomach problem causing the pancreas to inflame sometimes.

so i am now waiting for an appointment to go for a gastroendoscopy,with the holidays looming it will probably be in the new year.
but if the severe pain comes back i will probably have to go to the hospital again.
thankfully the pain and burning eased off again yesterday and today.

i am thinking its probably a nasty peptic ulcer or something but its there all the time and has no relation to food.
i have never had any stomach problems before its always been good and strong so i am baffled as to what has caused this.
i have been run down since the summer and my immune system is low.
also over the last several weeks even before this started people have noticed i have lost a bit of weight.

the mnd symptoms are still the same though i have had more myoclonic jerks lately.

thankyou everyone for your messages and concern,i love you all to bits.:D

....i love you all to bits.:D

Caroline, and we you as well! Thank you for posting, I've had you on my mind every day the last few weeks, wondering what was wrong.

That is just awful to be in so much pain, it has to be very frustrating to wait for the testing to confirm the cause.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope the pain will stay away, and you'll get in for diagnostics sooner rather than later. (HUGS)! xx

Sorry you haven't been well, Caroline, but it is sure good to hear from you. A lot of people were worried when we didn't see you for awhile- you were missed!

Here's hoping things get resolved soon!

Caroline, we all missed you so much and I sure hope that your pain is managed effectively and immediately. It is no fun to be in pain. My dad has severe joint pain and it makes me feel so helpless. His is mostly under control now and I pray for the same relief for you!

Sending big big hugs...
Rosella

Dear Caroline, so good to hear your "voice" again! We were starting to get a little frantic over here. Sorry to hear of your pain. I hope that you can get in soon for testing and they figure out what it is. Hopefully it will hold off so you can have a decent Christmas. Please keep us updated on your health. We missed you.
Colleen

So glad you are back Caroline!

Good to hear from you.
I wish there was a way to minimize your pain.

Glen

Caroline, it is very good to hear from you again! I hope the doctors can figure out the cause of the abdominal pain and fix it!

Kim

Caroline ... thank you for checking in. I hope you get relief soon! Sending prayers and love your way ...

Beth

Hi Caroline,

It is good to have you back.

I hope you get some relief before xmas.

cheers
Peter

Caroline,
Oh so sorry, you were sorely missed. I so hope you get some relief. Rose and I have both experienced stomach issues. I think we both were diagnosed. with slow gastric emptying. That can sure have some of the symptoms you mentioned. I think that the slowing of the muscles could cause something like that. Just an idea
I hope you get some relief, please keep us posted. We do not want you away from us again. Please let us know how you are feeling, your friendship was missed by many.:-?

thankyou everyone for your well wishes and concern, i have missed you all too.

hoping.......do you think slow gastric emptying could be indirectly caused by the mnd?
it does not matter if my stomach is empty or after eating.
it seems to be theres one spot were everything is generating from so i am thinking its something specific.
its only this past week i developed burning but no heartburn or acid reflux,i am belching a bit but thats even first thing on a morning when the stomach is empty.
but i have just been feeling pretty tired and unwell.
the pain that sent me to hospital had me doubled up in agony.

my local hospital has always been not a very good one.
it was built in the 1800's and at the moment they are knocking down and rebuilding one department at a time...........yes it looks more like a building site .

oh well,it takes more than pls or stomach pain to knock this bird of its perch lol.
i will have to play catch up on the posts over the next few days:-D

Glad to see you back Caroline. Hope you feel better soon.

AL.

Caroline, it is good that you are back, we have missed you! I hope that you get well soon.

Hello Olly, I am glad to see you are back and am hoping you are feeling better soon!

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back