Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I've been having a bit more trouble than usual with my legs and arms these days but still hard at work.

I was in a holy sanctuary today, tuning an instrument for God when the devil showed up (really, it was more like my stupidity but I'd like to blame it on the devil...). The piano was on the musician / speaker's platform and very close to the edge. As I move down the keyboard to tune, I move the bench with me. I dared to get the bench as close to the edge of the platform as possible so as to give me as much access to the top end of the piano as possible. While doing this, I reminded myself to be careful; the bench was getting precariously close to the platform's edge.

I thought I had room to move the leg just one more inch. Well, I didn't. As I was sitting on the piano bench, I over scooted the bench by a microcosm. The right rear leg departed from the platform, putting the bench at a "let's spill Kim over the edge" angle and I came tumbling off of the stage. I only rolled down (ha! I guess I was a holy roller for a bit!) 3 steps, as that was all there was to roll down. In the process, I banged my head, twisted and contorted muscles that could have been spared such and scraped my elbow a bit. The bench, fortunately, did not spill over on my already bruised head.

I'm not happy right now. It will be a bit before I can say, "Chesse!" again.

Just another documented moment in my currently tortured state.

Zaphoon

Oh Kim, I will say you have a way with stories> Unfortunately I can see the entire scene unfold. Oh goodness, glad the bench was guided by the good spirit. I hope you are feeling better and tuning in top form and harmony real soon. Get well soon, friend.

The lady that opened up the church for me was downstairs. She heard me stop tuning and came up to see if I had finished. I told her, "No, and you just missed the show!" I explained what had just happened and her first question after asking if I was alright was, "Are you accident prone?"

Maybe she was concerned for insurance purposes!:p

Kim,

OUCH Dude.

Now , take two shots of liquor , and fall asleep in the lazy-boy watching TV. You have had enough exercise for one day.

Get well soon.

Glen

Glad you were not seriously hurt! Be careful!

Yes Kim, falls can hurt. (trust me i know)

So have a spell, kick back on the lazy - boy and start thinking of the follies comming up or a cure for falls, that would be nice for all.

Next time you could wrap yourself in bubble wrap, that would help with the landing as that is the part that hurts or festoon yourself with foaties that will do the same. :lol::lol::lol:

cheers
peter

A good thing that you didn't hurt yourself because all of the King's horses and all of the King's men are on their way to Shangri-La for the weekend. Take care of yourself and watch out for those nasty piano benches, I haven't trusted them since I was 8 and was captured by one at my wicked piano teacher's house. :shock::shock:

Now, I know you think that you're superman, but trying to fly indoors is dangerous!:) Please take more care of yourself! At least try to land on something more soft and cushy!
Colleen

Ouch, ouch, ouch (for each of the three steps). Try not to do that again ... a guy could get hurt!

(At least the lady had the decency to ask if you were hurt. When I fell off the stepladder and told my husband, his response was, "Is the stepladder OK?" :-( )

Beth, Ouch! That hurts on many levels! (Was it?)

Glad you are okay and able to keep a sense of humor about it. At least you were spared someone walking in and looking down at you laying on the floor and asking the obvious " Did you fall? " I just want to look up at them and say " No I just get down like that sometimes " Anyway I am glad you were not injured seriously.

Kim, I like living on the edge too but not quite that close. Glad you're OK, more or less.

Hey Kim,

How are you feeling today ?

Sending comforting thoughts my friend.

Glen

Glen, Thanks for asking! All things considered, I'm not feeling as bad as I thought I'd be. The test will be how I feel tomorrow, though. I seem to be having a delay with things catching up with me.

One thing I did not do and won't do this year is rake leaves. A guy gave me a tip to just mow the leaves into oblivion. I am happy to report that my leaves have gone into oblivion but only half of the tree has shed so far. The grass didn't need cutting but it was very nice today.

I have a feeling I will pay for my fall and the mow job tomorrow (or the next day).

Yes , I have noticed the time lapse between action and reaction. Like you , its the second day that it shows up.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back