Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
US
State
OR
City
Hillsboro
I just got my tube last thursday and i am already stir crazy and anxious to get back in the pool. The doctor said wait about 4 weeks. I am trying to figure out how best to protect myself from the pool water. I was thinking of taping the tube to me so that it won't dangle, covering with a six by eight tigaderm patch then a layer of saran taped on all edges with waterproof tape and then cover thhat with another layer of saran and tape. I am usually in the water for 90 min. So i need something that can last that long and endure alot of movement. Suggestions?

Once that first 4 - 6 weeks of healing has happened you won't need to do anything to the stoma, you will be able to swim normally :)

KW I would not try it yet, the pool chlorine leaking in over 90 minutes would certainly do you no good. My advice would be, to be patient and wait the four weeks. It would only take one leak.
Al

I would wait at least four weeks, and then start slow like 30 minutes and water . You do not want to risk in the section that keeps you out even longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back