Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 PM #1 (permalink)

City: mid
State: west
Diagnosed: 01/2012
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
mich5 is on a very distinguished roadmich5 is on a very distinguished road
City: mid
State: west
Diagnosed: 01/2012
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
mich5 is on a very distinguished roadmich5 is on a very distinguished road
Default balloon changing

can you get a dangler with a balloon? how difficult is it to change the balloon the first time? We've watched some YouTube videos, but it is still daunting to think about. I know everyone does it.... But still. how often do you change it? Once we change it the first time or two, we won't mind changing it often.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 09/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
KateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of light
KateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of lightKateEmerson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: balloon changing

My husband had a dangler with a balloon. As no one had told us to check the water in the balloon, I had quite the surprise when I discovered the entire thing was out and sitting on his stomach. I called the IR department at the hospital where he would get it changed periodically to find out what to do. They walked me through how to do it and after that I did myself. Anything to avoid another exhausting trip to the hospital for my PALS and myself. I should mention that he had his for about 2 years at that point so I was pretty confident that his stoma and track into his stomach was well established.

Last edited by KateEmerson : 06-06-2018 at 08:48 PM Reason: Wrong word
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 PM #3 (permalink)

Default Re: balloon changing

Oops I meant water in the balloon not tube.
Closed Thread