Feeding Tube Formulas More Susceptible to Clogging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CO
City
Aurora
Hi All!

I am new here and am hoping that you can all help me out! I am a laboratory researcher for a medical device company. We recently started working on a technology for feeding tubes that we are going to test to see if it helps reduce the incidence of clogging. To test it, I need to find an appropriate commercially available feeding tube formula.

I've been researching commercially available feeding tube formulas to try and find one that is the most susceptible to clogging (we want to use a representative formula for our tests that has been known to clog). What I've learned so far is that there are quite a few feeding formulas out there, and it is a bit overwhelming to select one! SO, I figured I would ask those who know best from experience. Have you tried formulas that you've found to be more susceptible to clogging? If so, which one(s)? I have seen the suggestion that some feeding formulas that are very high in protein experience more clogging-is that true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

Liquid Hope from Functional Formularies is the thickest I've found.

I second that.. Liquid hope is very thick..you need to water it down and shake it really good.. But my Wife wouldn't use anything else after trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back