Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
I love the peg tube. Easy to use. Forget it's there most of the time. Healed great and easy to keep clean. Only problem was theformula. Made me have explosive movements. Hubby read the ingrdient list on the can and said no more of this.

So now we blend. I eat healthier than I ever did before. We use fruits, veggies, and spices. Kefir milk, juice or water is the liquid.I've gained back the pounds I lost and have stayed steady. Daily schedule goes like this.

8:30 8 ozs water with half a lemon squeezed in and morning meds. Gets the tummy woke up and moving

10:00 power blend - oatmeal, carnation instant breakfast packet, strawberries, blueberry, banana, molasses, cinnamon, flaxseed, Greek yogurt, kefir milk and water. This makes two servings and about 450 calories.

All day I graze on soft foods such as ice cream, pudding, mashed potatoes, and baloney. Not so healthy. But it helps.

I get two dosesof plain water.

Around 4 I get a veggie blend of peppers, carrots, millet, spinach, and a stir fry veggie mix. Juice is the liquid.

Supper is a blend of what was the family supper mixed with water.

All told I get around 1800 calories. I'm a five foot, 136 pound women and that is good for me.

Great! OTOH, I take an 8 oz can of Boost Plus every couple of hours for a total of six = 2200 calories. I'm entirely independent, as I dump it in a gravity bag, followed by 100-200 ml of water to flush the tube. I agree, the ingredients don't look so healthy, but my last blood test was good.

Do you crank this through one of those high-end blenders (Vitamix) or a normal one?

Tracy so good to hear from you!

Those formulas don't appeal to me at all, but if you can tolerate them then they are so convenient. I love the regime you got worked out it sounds delicious and healthy do one just has to know they are putting the good stuff down your PEG.

How are you doing with being a retired lady?

We bought a Blendtec at Bed , Bath and Beyond. On sale and with coupon and classic model. We precook the millet and freeze it, crunches right up.

I'm doing good. Got a really cool app that lets me scrapbook on my iPad. Also I'm doing paid surveys online. And nascar season has begun.

Here's a sample.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 387
That scrapbooking looks great Tracy!

And nascar season has begun.

AMEN

Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back