Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I think some time last week (which seems a year ago after our 3 days in hospital) I think it was jellis who said he had found some kind of belt with a pouch to put the tube into?

My PALS feels very disconcerted with the tube and I do tape it up, but if I wanted to take him out it could come off and flap about.

Anyone have any good tips or ideas about this? I believe we can have this replaced with the button in about 6 weeks time.

I do have a belt but I found it didn't work for me...I'll look for it and if find it I'll send it to whomever, NO charge.

For the past few months I have bought these (cath secure dual tab) CATH SECURE | Catheter Securing Holder Device by MC Johnson 54452, 54452, 54453, 54454, 54454

Item 54454 Cath-Secure Dual Tab I ordered 20 so far and wear them about a week each.

They work best if mounted to the left or right of your stoma, then secure the end and tube with the dual Velcro tabs. My only complaint is that they do cause me some itching after a few days..sensitive skin.

post went to mod

ok I'll wait patiently, thanks for answering :)

We tried the Velcro holders, he didn't like them. We use plain ok paper tape. A tight undershirt, like a tank top works too.

We cut the elastic bands off the top of my husbands underwear and tucked the tube under it. Worked very well. The band would slide up sometimes but the tube was always intact. Hope this helps. Yasmin.

My mom folds the tube over onto itself and then secures it with a ponytail elastic. She then just tucks it into her waistband. No fussing with tape or Velcro. This has worked for us since she got her tube in January 2013. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back