Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Thanks for the new forum section David, it's a great idea.

My PALS is having his PEG inserted on Oct 11.

I'm feeling quite confident about learning to look after it and administer his food and fluids, and maybe even pain relief for those arms and shoulders.

I will appreciate this becoming a good resource for any tips about looking after it all etc.

This could be a very informative thread. Thanks David I just had my peg installed on the 25 along with a DPS. Looking foreword to some great info and share my experiences.

Hi Patrick,
how is it all going with the new PEG?

It's going well, had few spills so we learned how to do things a little better. I have the peg on my left side and the plug in for the DPS on the right side. I think I'm turning onto a vacuum cleaner

glad to hear it's going well.

you could start a thread on tips for people with a new peg, as I'm sure that first week or 2 must see some spills or mishaps that are just part of the fun of the learning experience.

vacuum cleaner eh, one more lot of wires and you could be a coffee maker too?

I just found a waist pocket holder for my peg tube on Amazon dot com it a puch that holds the peg in a coiled position with a belt going around the waist I hope it works

now that sounds like a brilliant idea Patrick!
please keep us updated on how it goes I would get one for my PALS rather than having to tape it to his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back