Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Philadelphia
Well I got the word today, my feeding tube will be put in on June 12th. I am very nervous, but I know it has to be done. I just hope all goes well. Wish me luck, cause I'm scared

I don't have one yet but from what I've heard your life will be easier and safer with a peg. There are less obtrusive ones that you can graduate too. Ask your doctor about the different styles. Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

Good luck! I plan on bringing it up at my next clinic visit... I think they're a good idea. I plan on asking for a Mickey/button. Let us know how it goes!

I know you are scared, Rog almost didn't have his put in, but it will keep weight on you. We get very scared and nervous when you all choke as you try to swallow, or worry when nothing will go down. We are rooting for you and keep us posted.

Jen

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful responses. I will keep you posted on how it goes. This is just so great, talking to people with the same thing, it just makes things so much easier. Our families do everything they can, put they cannot understand what it is like, unless you have it.
God Bless us All

Good luck Chris!

Good luck Chris! I had my peg tube procedure Monday...all went well and it will for you too! Keep us posted!

Judy

My husband has had his PEG tube since January. He has gained back some of the weight he had lost. He takes a number of medications and it has definitely made this easier. Before the tube he had such a hard time trying to eat enough. His reaction after the tube was that it was a relief mentally not to have to worry about eating enough.

apparently there are varrious versions of this PEG. Some are put in the throat and some are put in stmach.

anyone know the difference. my neuro suggested stomach and will know more early july.

Good luck Chris! I'm sure things will go fine, and you'll be relieved that it's done with!

Chris, good luck to you with this.

LouLou

Brenda,
Rog has a g-tube that has no balloon inside his stomach (that goes down through the throat to install) because his lung capacity could not handle anesthesia. The tube only handles formula, no other food. It was put in by interventional radiology using a local anesthetic at the site of the tube and minimal anesthesia through his BiPap....his tube is only a 12 gauge in size. I think the PEG tube is larger.

Jen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back