Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Came home from work, Bruce was lying in the bed holding his stomach. The dang feeding tube had came out. Scared the crap out of me. Anyway taped his stomache up. went to the hospital. New feeding tube inserted, now to clean up the mess. Bless his heart he did not know what to do, sucks when you can't speak to call someone to let them know whay has happened. just glad I did not have too long a day..sigh..

Oh my gosh Sweetheart! How terrible for Bruce and for you! How's he feeling now?

What a day you both have had. Hope you have time to regroup tonight. Peg never came out with us but it was one of the things the hospital warned us could occasionally happen. They said it was important to do just what you did- get to the hospital as soon as possible as the peg site could begin to close surprisingly quickly. No end of surprises with this disease!

We were given a pack with an emergency 'tube' to insert and inflate should the existing one come out, and get to hospital as soon as possible. Yes, told it closes very quickly. I hope Bruce's tube stays in place now and that he does not get any discomfort or an infection. D

I'm so sorry for both of you. Yasmin

Joni,

That was one of my worst fears when I had the kind with the tube sticking out. I was so afraid it would get caught on something, the dog would grab it, it would get laid on, rolled over on, etc etc.

Your poor hubby—not being able to call anyone!

I'm so glad it worked out okay. (I'll bet it is a stinky mess to clean up, partially digested formula = major yuck!)

Bruce is just tired, and yes it was a stinky mess... this new end is real stiff, and I am worried he won't be able to open and close it good..we will see. Thanks yall for caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back