Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
oshawa
I had a peg tube installed a week ago Fri. , it is still seeping and is very sore to the touch , I would like to know if this is normal or if I should be worried.

Your always best to touch base with the Dr. who installed it but my wife's site was sore for a few weeks post insertion. What is it seeping? Blood?

Hi,

I think some soreness is normal. We were told to look out for redness, swelling, any kind of discharge. My partner's tube is 'seeping' too, but not much. The nurse checked it and thought it was actually healing very nicely. She did move the plastic tab that was close to the stoma about an inch away (it was very tightly against the skin/stoma). You may not have such tab, there are many different types of feeding tubes.

Dani

Had mine put in three months ago and I still have some minor seeping,at night sometimes I sleep on it and think that creates the seeping,no pain now.Take a swab and wipe,make sure it smells ok,I use achol swipes and clean around it.If the pain continues for another week I would visit the doctor and have him look at it.Good luck to you----------------Ken

The seeping and temporary pain is normal.

Thank you for the replies , they are very helpful.

A small amount of seepage is normal. For me, the pain was completely gone in a week.

-Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back