Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
Last Monday i had my tube inserted. it was a very painful recovery with 2 days in the hospital to get pain under control. it is getting better. i will see doctor tomorrow for f/u. Having some nausea yesterday and today? using a walker to get around the house.

Rox

Rox, so glad that you're ok. The peg placement is such an individual thing, for some (Joel) it is a breeze, for others it is difficult and many of us fall somewhere in the middle. I had no pain and am sorry that you have. Is the nausea from using the tube or just because?

I know that in a couple of weeks you wont even feel it and it will help you a lot.

Good idea about the walker, I use mine all around the house even from my bed to the sink and toilet even though it is only about 8 feet.

It's good to know you are basically okay Rox. I have been a little worried as it seems so long ago that you were here. Take care, and I hope the nausea and pain go away quickly.
Laurel

Hope the pain goes away soon Rox. As Barry says, everyone has a different experience but in case it is of any consolation my pals needed 2 attempts to get the peg in in the first place & spent 10 days in hospital in total. Pain lingered for a few weeks after. That was last January. Now she says she'd do it all again & it's made a marvellous difference to her life. Despite all the troubles she says she'd do it all again in a flash.

Sorry you had a rough time of it, Rox, but sounds like you're on the mend now. I had mine put in two weeks ago and just spent one night in the hospital, but I was glad I did. I'm now using it for almost all my nutrition and just eating desserts, so things could certainly be worse.

It's actually my second tube as I have an IV line for a drug trial. Once in a while Fran gets mixed up about which tube to grab, pretty funny. (No uncouth remarks!)

Hal, we wouldn't dream of making any uncouth remarks :evil::evil:

Rox, I'm so glad you are able to come in and say hi. I figured there must have been a tough recovery...and am so sorry. Hope the nausea is gone very soon.
XO,
Ann

Hal, you're such a good patient! Enjoy desserts! Enjoy being grabbed!

Rox,

Welcome back. I hope each day is easier.

Hello Rox, so glad to hear from you! Missed you! Sorry you had to go thru the pain, but glad that you are coming out of it. It's a big transition and you will get through it with a little time. Take good care of yourself, ok?
loving ((HUGS)), gentle ones!

Thank you all who responded. I saw the doctor today and he checked it and all looks good. Getting better each day. I appreciate all your support and encouragement it helps. My new saying is: I know where I am going, I don't like how I am going to get there. I have been praying alot for God to help me.

Rox

Rox, you're in my prayers daily. I hope each day with the PEG is easier.
XO

So glad it's looking good and getting better each day Rox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back