Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Pagosa Springs
I am just wondering to night after a trip to the Doctor today.. I am wondering how many people who have had the feeding tube placement have ended up with an infection? I had a culture done and will get the results tomorrow but the nurse said that I do have an infection and was very glad I had came in... I was sooo very careful and did everthing they told me to do,,, Darn anyway. good that it can be fixed..lol Linda:?

Web had a little "yeast" around the tube from the moisture once and then he had the button fiasco with a cellulitus that was treated with IV Antibiotics and oral antibiotics for 10 days. I am just so darn sorry linda! It is nothing that you did or didn't do. Hang in there! xo

Linda,
The tube is a forein object to the body! The body reacts with infection, irritation and redness. Per my nurse I bought hydrogene peroxide in a spay bottle and spray it 2 times a day to clean it if it bothers me and used gauze pad cut in the middle to put around the peg. Works out fine and turn the peg a little everyday is good too!

Happy peg wishes to you
Judy

Thanks to both of you.. I have tried everything you said to do? I should hear back from the Dr today. I have a constant hurt in my stomach.. D___ I just want to feel good again! And to top it off is is cold and snowing today. ah hum-bug!

This is just a question to put out there: how many people had stitches when their peg was put in? I was talking to someone else who mentioned going to get his stitches removed and I had none, just a hole with a tube through it.

STITCHES? There should be do stitches!

No stitches here either.

No stitches either. I am getting the strong feeling that some doctors have no idea what they are doing.

STITCHES ?

No stitches here either.

Linda,
I have had infections. I too, had lab work done on the monkey snot. No signs of anything bad. I have learned that all it takes to have more boogers than a two year old, was its your body reacting to dead skin cells, or a bit of anything even sweat can make it react. I use dove soap and water, and when its gets ugly, triple action polysporin is put on. I pull up on the tube and let it drag the ointment down in. Do not cover it with gauses, just use an old t-shirt to keep on the area.

Glen

I don't like dealing with this thing coming out of my stomach.. Now it looks just awful and It hurts inside. I am d--- tired of all this stuff..I wish i had the button put in to begin with.
It is so good to hear from you.. Missed you being on here. I know you are going through a hard time right now? That really makes me sad because you have always been so upbeat and funny. I think about you and you dear sweet wife.. This is all just a crying shame that something so awful has happened to so any great people.....Big HUGS being sent your way. L

Oh berry, lol No stitches for me either.

Good to see you back, Glen

Sorry to hear about the pain and infections. I am a woosie when it comes to pain,:roll::roll:. Guess that is why I put this off as long as possible.

Linda, how are you this morning? No one gets the button first because the tract has to heal. GLEN, I was soul happy to see your post even if it was about "MONKEY SNOT"! lolol hugs to all

Father in law had stitches just holding the actual tube in place immediately after surgery removed after ten days were on the outside holding disc in place just 2 stitches one on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back