05/2009
Country
US
State
WA
City
Spokane
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone know whether you can sleep on your stomach once you have a feeding tube put in?

Nancy, we talked about this just the other day. I said that I don't sleep on my stomach (and never have even pre-peg) and said that I thought that it might be painful or not good for the tube site. As soon as I said that Glen posted that if he isn't sleeping on his back he is sleeping on his front! And I can't sleep on my back so the answer to you question is some can (Glen) and some can't (me).

Thank you for the reply. My husband is a stomach sleeper and he's concerned about when he get the feeding tube put in. He can't lay on his back w/o shortness of breath.

I am thinking that it would not be such a good idea, Mine is new and of course right now it is still healing and needs the air... I would still wonde rlater on if I might pull on it if I turned in the night time..i sleep on my side... Hopes this helps a little, Linda

Nancy,
Unless you tape the tube in place to prevent it from pulling while he sleeps it would not be a good idea to sleep on is stomach. He could however get a bard button ( I just had mine replaced with the bard button) you can pretty much do whatever you want with it without issue.
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back