Reason
Loved one DX
Country
uk
State
england
City
leicester
my uncle was surpose to go egypt on wed when he got to airport he started getting pains in stomach he got rushed to hospital when he got there his temp was sky high and blood pressure was very high but they cant c what the problem is he has had als for 4months now with speech slurr and very weak wrist could anyone shine a light on if this is the als that cause high temp and very bad stomach pains :x

Clare I've never heard of such symptoms associated with ALS. Sounds more like a flu.

I agree it sounds like the flu....Hope he is feeling better soon.

thank u for ur replys they have kept him hospital as his tem is sky high and they doctors are baffled to whats causing it i dont think its the flu as he had the flu jab last week and his liver is enlarged

Hi Clare,

I'm sorry your uncle's doctors haven't figured out what is wrong yet. I am sure it is not ALS related though.

well the doctors have told him today its the rulutex giving him his very high temp and stomach pains but how can that be when hes been on them for 4months and been fine on them

Clare,

They could be right. Here is a list of known side effects of Rilutek and they include the symptoms you have described:

SIDE EFFECTS: Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, diarrhea, constipation and tingling or numbness around the mouth may occur. If these symptoms continue or become severe, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor if you experience: breathing trouble, cough, fever, chills, sore throat, swelling of the hands or feet, skin rash, muscle aches.

Perhaps your uncle has developed a sensitivity to the drug. If he has to stop taking Rilutek, I would not worry about it. During the drug's evaluation trials, the benefits of it were seen to be very small if they exist at all.

thanks u john but y is he having a bad reaction now when hes been on them for 4months

You'd have to ask a doctor that one but I wouldn't think it unusual for someone to develop a drug sensitivity after being on a medication for a while. Only speculation on my part though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back