ALS/MND Support Group Forums

ALS/MND Support Group Forums (http://www.alsforums.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion About ALS/MND (http://www.alsforums.com/forum/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/)
-   -   Does anyone have "bee stings"? (http://www.alsforums.com/forum/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/9979-does-anyone-have-bee-stings.html)

GlenBrittle 02-28-2010 06:27 PM

Re: Does anyone have "bee stings"?

One more question - do you name them?

Like "this one is called Chico and that one is called Ernie"

BarryG 02-28-2010 06:32 PM

Glad that the Olympics are over (and what a finish) so that we can channel Glen's creative juices (eeww!) into something like the follies!

WOOF!

rose 02-28-2010 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=BarryG;111294]Glad that the Olympics are over (and what a finish) so that we can channel Glen's creative juices (eeww!) into something like the follies!

WOOF![/QUOTE]

I don't see Glen letting this thread go :)

GlenBrittle 02-28-2010 06:52 PM

Oh , I had an idea for the follies. This will take some work on your part. Create a story of pictures. these pictures when spoken correctly will tell that story.

So , the first part is the hard part . Prepare a story made from pictures. Once ready you will need to post them in order so that everyone else can decode/guess what the story is.

Of course there could be people that {{looks over both shoulders}} that will pervert the story, not caring what the true meaning is.

We will need at least 4 or 5 people to create these pictorial stories.

Good Luck

Glen

BarryG 02-28-2010 07:00 PM

From Nova Scotia!

BarryG 02-28-2010 07:04 PM

Wow Glen, that looks like fun and a lot of work too. You gonna start us off? How would it work, you would post them one at a time and we would make up/decode the story as you release them? And we could steer the ship onto the rocks with our own pictures?

GlenBrittle 02-28-2010 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=BarryG;111299]Wow Glen, that looks like fun and a lot of work too. You gonna start us off? How would it work, you would post them one at a time and we would make up/decode the story as you release them? And we could steer the ship onto the rocks with our own pictures?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the complete pictorial would be posted in a couple of posts. I would not anyone to be sitting and waiting for the next picture.

I will be in there with my story / phrase / limerick , we need multiple stories to be posted at one time.

Also , no 3 word stories - to be entertaining , it should make you think a bit.

The pictures must be something that children can look at.

Good Luck - story telling starts Friday evening (earlier if you are across the pond or down under)

Glen

rose 02-28-2010 07:16 PM

...AND I misspelled his name, oh well. It was a great game. I lived in Pittsburgh (where [I]Canadian [/I]S[U]y[/U]dney Crosby plays center for the Pens) during the Mario Lemieux heyday, and paid $$$ for one of my sons to take a hockey camp that Mario was supposed to lead. He showed up once. But, there were others from the team there that were terrific with the kids.

Yeah, I like the Follies idea. Maybe a more in depth description and some ground rules? (unless there are no ground rules)

irismarie 03-01-2010 01:29 AM

can i clarify, please? are these to be simple pics , like "dog" then "eats" then "cat"? something like charades? Think you had better give us your example so we can fully understand? Start a new thread somewhere so we can find it, please.

oh i think I get it
pic1 the polilecman is stopping the car
pic 2 There is a beautiful blonde at the steering wheel
pi c 3 The blonde is smiling at the cop who appears to have a gun in his pocket
Whatever will happen next? WIll he pull it on her? Oh this pic4 is so damned slow in downloading....

Like that?

handinhand 03-01-2010 03:48 PM

Irismarie, that is pretty darn good even if that's not it? How was your test today? find out anything new? Hugs, Me

handinhand 03-01-2010 03:50 PM

oh my gosh, u all have me laughing today.... Great and Imarie, your're the best...lol

chefdeborah 03-01-2010 08:44 PM

Glen...you are too funny!
deborah

chefdeborah 03-01-2010 08:49 PM

i started one thread and it turned into a morgue rampage and now I ask about bee stings and it turns into "i don't know what"...yall are getting me in trouble!

deborah

GlenBrittle 03-01-2010 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=irismarie;111332]can i clarify, please? are these to be simple pics , like "dog" then "eats" then "cat"? something like charades? Think you had better give us your example so we can fully understand? Start a new thread somewhere so we can find it, please.

oh i think I get it
pic1 the polilecman is stopping the car
pic 2 There is a beautiful blonde at the steering wheel
pi c 3 The blonde is smiling at the cop who appears to have a gun in his pocket
Whatever will happen next? WIll he pull it on her? Oh this pic4 is so damned slow in downloading....

Like that?[/QUOTE]

yeah , thats it.

BarryG 03-01-2010 11:47 PM

[I]"yall are getting me in trouble![/I]"

Deborah, that's what we are here for! :-P:-P