Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I over did it yesterday and my right arm is toast. Luckily, I don't have anything on my planner today, anyway. Tomorrow is another very busy day with a church that has about 8 pianos for me to tune. It's too much for me to try and get done in one day and hopefully my arm will have recovered enough to at least do 4.

Stupid Frozen Shoulder Syndrome!

Stupid PLS!

Stupid carpal tunnel / arthritis!

Stupid BFCS!

How's a guy suppose to get some work done?

Zaphoon

Last edited:
hi kim.
i hope you are feeling better after your rest day.
unfortunatley our bodies can not cope with what would be a normal active day.
when i first got ill i would push myself then end up bed ridden for days,i took a long time for me to learn how to tell myself STOP thats enough.
you have to learn to pace yourself,so dividing up your work days is a good idea.
make sure you only do 4 pianos tomorrow,no more............i'll check:smile:

Caroline,

Thank you! You are a sweetheart!

Sorry about your arm! I hope with rest that it and you feel better tomorrow.

You deserve a day off! You have to take care of yourself, buddy, we depend on you here to keep us going.

So sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your arm today. It sounds like it will take a lot to tune the piano's ? It is so hard not to be able to do the thing that were so easy before.
Sunday evening Rich had his friends from work up for a Barbaque. He did the steaks and made cobbler. Everyone else brought food. It is very hard for me to sit back and let people do this for me. I love having people over for dinner. Now, I am so tired by 4 in the afternoon. The best I can do is just be there. Hope the rest today helps your arm. Linda

"How's a guy suppose to get some work done?"

The key word there is "some". Take care of yourself Zaph, and get "some" work done but get "some more" rest done too.

Linda, just being there is really important, let everyone else do whatever needs doing and relax and have some fun. Crack a few jokes with your talker, they are even funnier with an artificial voice and you will be the life of the party.

Thanks Berry, I can tell you are the life of the party? I had a wonderful time . I did take it easy... They even cleaned up and put the dishes away. Now I have until Thanksgiving to take down my Halloween decorations..lol Linda

Zaph,

I am sorry to hear about your arm. You sure its pianos you were tuning ? LOL

I have found that the second day after a "work out" of muscles is worse than the first. I hope that does not hold true for you.

I agree with the four piano limit. Take it easy tomorrow.

Glen

Hi Zaph,
I agree 4 tunes would be enough for one day, me it would take 4 days to do one. ;-)

Glen, i agree with the second day is worse than the first, strange isnt it :confused:

cheers
Peter

Thanks everybody!

I've been taking it easy and eating the chocolate I held back from the trick or treaters.

Have some more vino with your chocolate! But not from a large glass that could be hard to lift and tire your arms out.

hey kim.
how was your day?
is your arm feeling better?
did you tune only the 4 pianos?
hope your not in a blubbering broken heap.

Thanks Caroline! I only tuned 5 today - ran out of time to do the others.

My arm is okay; it got me through another day. Not using it yesterday really helped.

You said 4! You cheated! Don't get so tired. They will all still be there tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back