Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Claremont
It would be bad enough to lose the ability to walk.
It would be bad enough to lose the ability to talk.
It would be bad enough to lose the ability to swallow.
It would be bad enough to lose the ability to use your hands

I am 'lucky' enough to be 4 for 4 - like a lot of us here. Life isn't fair, but soon I'll walk, talk, eat, and use my hands "up there".

You know it does stink, so sorry to hear that my friend. I have had a bad Weekend myself. My middle sister(RoseMarie) who was 51 years old had a stoke on Friday and passed away yesterday afternoon. Here I was the sick one... We all worried for her, for she was living a life that was anything but stress free, she made some bad choices, and we had always worried about her. She did not have much contact with my nephew's and as young adults they lost a mother that they never got to really know. I just want to let you know that you my friend have a family that you have loved and they love you. I sit here tonight and am grateful that I have a chance to live with out regrets, and I know that you have lived and still live a purposeful life.

Pat it is awful about your score. I am only 2 for 4 so far but I agree, none of this is fair at all. Take care of yourself.

Hoping, I am so sorry about RoseMarie. Please accept my condolences for your family's loss. You are right, all that is really important in life is the connections that you make and the love that you share.

Pat .. it stinks. I'm almost 4 for 4. It's coming at me fast, like a freight train. I was thinking today about a year ago when I saw you so robust looking with your huge green throng of adoring fans at the ALS walk in Pasadena. I drove up to the walk last year, and was pushing my husband in his wheelchair. Now I'm using his chair and looking for a power chair. I refuse to think about where I'll be next October.

One day at a time.

Hoping ... I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry about things Pat and hoping. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

AL.

Hoping, I am so sorry about your sister. God bless you and your family.

Sorry Pat, I am 2 for 4 myself - the opposite 2 of Barry. I am now officially a quadriplegic, but can swallow if my wife feeds me. What I see is me feeding our children when they were babies, never thought I would be there. LOL.

Hoping, I am very sorry about you sister!

Joel, how can what you and I have be the same disease? You can swallow if you are fed, I can feed myself but can't swallow. And while you have to be fed like a baby all I can swallow is food that is the consistency of baby food. The whole thing is just too weird to be true. All the same I wish we could both (and everyone else here) stay the same as we are now.

Pat, I'm so sorry for your losses. Wish I could help you all. :( Hoping sorry for your loss.

Pat,sorry for your losses,it brings home the reality of what we all face.You can still feel in your heart and I hope you can feel all the hugs ,good wishes and love that the people on this forum are sending your way. Peace be with you and also with you hoping.

Pat,
I am sorry for your score,
My score is 1.5 from your list (.5 with the walking, .5 with the talking and .5 with the hands)
Fortunatly the eating is fine
It is stange this bunch of conditions they lump together as MND, how they effect different people differently.

Hoping, i am so sorry for your loss.

Peter

PDaddy-it is awful! H4C, I am so sorry about your sister :] Some days just stink. hugs to you 2.

Just wanted to mention that I was at the ALS walk yesterday in Pasadena, would have been nice to meet other people from the forums but I did not think to ask.

Hal ... I had a virtual team there this year, so I was with you in spirit. Glad you could make the drive down. It's a great event.

Yeah, but Pat, do you look sick?

Ah, wait a minute, You automatically qualify for the "you look sick" comment if you are in a wheelchair (especially if it is motorized!).

I'm putting racing stripes on my cane.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back