06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Hello friends!

I've been absent for a while, but couldn't help it...

Last Wed morning, my 8 yr old and I were sprucing up the kitchen. Well, my part involved vacuuming baseboards while he used a "magic eraser", quite the little helper bee! And I just HAD to vacuum a little more...

Not unlike Al's mowing story or many others...WHAT I HAVE LEARNED!

After 17 months with ALS and 22 yrs of marriage...YES, I fell.

Landed on butt, then head flew back and hit the floor. After a few tears and some more laughter, my 8 yr old managed to put a pillow under my head, and call hubby.:eek::eek:

Long story short: went to ER, CT of head showed nothing:eek::eek:, x-ray of tailbone showed 2 fractures:sad:

Sitting on donut cushion and wondering why I thought hubby was my only "pain in my ass!"

I should be back on my broom by Halloween:grin:
Be careful out there,
Brenda

Brenda,

Ouch! Hopefully your tailbone heals soon.

Sheesh Brenda that must really be painful! I cracked my tailbone years ago falling off a horse and it was dreadful pain and I just couldn't get comfortable no matter what position I was in other than laying flat. Take care.
Laurel

... and they say there's no pain with ALS!

Take care, Brenda, let somebody else do the dirty work.

-Tom

owiee! But... good job little guy for taking such good care of your mom!

WoW, I am glad it wasn't worse than it is! Although what happened is enough. I hope you can heal quickly with minimum discomfort.

just think it will be a moment he will always remember that he helped you and you both laughed together

I fractured my tail bone seven years ago and it HURTS ! I am so thankful for the donut hole LOL I hope you Get Well Quick :)

Ouch! I am glad you can laugh about it!

Lydia

Brenda, I am so glad that you are ok except for a sore bum. Good thing your helper is so helpful, way to go helper!

Hope you're feeling better soon Brenda.

AL.

hope you heal quickly.prayers for you.

i have done the same fall backwards flat on my back before,it does shake you up a bit.
hope you are feeling better soon brenda................and no more hoovering:smile:

Brenda,
You just proved my point that cleaning is not good for a person. I am glad you can keep your sense of humor through all of this. Hope you are better soon so you can go trick or treating. Sending good thoughts your way.

Dana

Glad your little hero was there with you to provide comfort and call your husband! Hope you heal quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back