Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Chalfont
I was diagnosed with motor neuronopathy in March. The first physician that I seen did not recommend IVIG. I found another physician that did prescribe it for me. I had 5 treatments. I just had another repeat EMG done and it was miraculous. The first one revealed 15 out of 16 muscles affected. This last one revealed about half of that affected. It is amazing.

Has anyone else experience the same results? I would love to hear your stories. The physician stated that it was probably not from the IVIG.

Hi Jaime,
From what I have read IVIG is the only treatment that works for multi-focal motor neuropathy. And it is the standard treatment and does produce good results so I'm not sure why your physician said that it probably wasn't from the IVIG. I just read about a trial of subcutaneous IVIG on 14 patients with MMN. Good results from it. So that may be something to look into down the road as you give it to yourself at home with a tiny needle. You can read about it on the Vivaglobin site and they will send you a DVD about subcutaneous treatment.
Laurel
PS That is great news about your EMG results.

I was diagnosed with motor neuronopathy in March. The first physician that I seen did not recommend IVIG. I found another physician that did prescribe it for me. I had 5 treatments. I just had another repeat EMG done and it was miraculous. The first one revealed 15 out of 16 muscles affected. This last one revealed about half of that affected. It is amazing.

Has anyone else experience the same results? I would love to hear your stories. The physician stated that it was probably not from the IVIG.

Hey Jaimebpac and everyone,

I have had Dermatomyositis for 20 years. It is a skin, muscle and neurological disease. I just started IVIG treatments in September because of muscle atrophy. My skin has had a rash for years and severe itching which is associated with DM I couldn't recover from a shingles episode in my eye, forehead and scalp from three years ago. After five treatments with IVIG, my rash completely cleared up. I was prescribed 80 mg of Predisnone as well. I have had 10 treatments so far. Now I am down to 20 mg of Predisnone. However, the rash has returned a bit and the itching where the shingles occurred. This is my experience with IVIG. I am scheduled for 15 more treatments and monthly thereafter. I will keep you posted. So far, I feel more energetic and a BIT stronger. Lets hope for us all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back