Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
US
State
pa
City
Zelienople
I first saw her video 2 months ago and went to share it with my husband today and found out this sweet little girl had passed away from ALS. This is so sad it makes me wonder what in this world is causing ALS in a child so young.

Posting from the local news
"It is a sad night for friends and family of Central High School's Haley Stevens. The teenager was diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease.

We met Haley in 2008, when she had just lost control of her limbs. Months before, she was a Central Kiltie. She was dancing, singing and playing the drums. Her mother, Gretchen Teague, said her doctors told her she was the youngest case they had ever seen. Haley was perhaps, the youngest case known in the nation.

Haley Stevens died shortly after 9 p.m. Thursday Sept. 3, 2009"

I knew a young girl here who was diagnosed about the same time I was. She was 17, progressed very rapidly and died in less than a year.

That is so sad to see such a young lady die of something as bad as ALS. I sit each day hoping for a cure for this terrible disease. When my mom was here and was living with ALS we were told that scientist was almost positive that the stem cell research was a cure for ALS. I really hope for something. Alot of people , including a little 14 year old girl is depending on it. I am so sorry I know that it was a sad time for you too.

I can't imagine watching my 16 year old go through this. My prayers go out to her parents and family. This is such a difficult disease to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back