05/2009
Country
US
State
CA
City
Mountain View
Hi all,
I was diagnosed in May with ALS. The symptoms were in my right foot. Since then they have moved over to my left foot but I am still able to get around with the use of leg braces and I am able to walk around the house without them still and do ok. My feet just really slap the floor. I am now feeling weakness on the top of my hands and it seems like this is moving way quicker then my feet did. Has anyone experienced this? Also, sorry men..this is a ladies question...do any of you notice your symptoms being a little worse during your menstrual cycle? Thanks for any input you can give and I hope you all are doing OK today.

Welcome to the forum. This disease is so unpredictable, gosh I have seen everything and anything happen. I had a hysterectomy about 9 years before I got sick. I was just 30, so cannot answer that question, it does make sense to me though. More strain on your body, more motor neuron problems. I know that myself if I get a cold or something like that, wow does it hit me hard. My son and husband were sick for about 10 days. (both), and I luckily did not come down with it. My husband alwasy says, you never get sick.. he has always said that, (I tell him well I was saving up for the big sick)... Have to laugh it is a help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back