my husband was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadiemae

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
Hi glad to find you all. My hubby is 44 i am 51, we have 2 kids, 17 and 15, boy and girl. Also our dog, who is my hubbys best friend. Look forward to talking with you all. We are in Reno NV

Sorry to hear about Hubby.
Welcome to the forum. I hope we can be a support for you. Jump in and share or ask anything, we will try to answer.

Hi sadiemae, welcome to the forum. I am sorry about your husband's diagnosis, it is a terrible thing to have to come to grips with. Please feel free to ask questions or make comments, we are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch and we will do all that we can to help you and your family. I was just going to ask you if you wanted to be on the member map that I look after but I see you have beat me to it! :)

Barry

Hi Sadie!

Welcome aboard!

Zaphoon

Hi there Sadiemae Sorry to hear about the diagnosed, It seems like forever ago that we recieved the same diagnosed, but in reality it was less than a year ago. You have found a wonderful site, I have found more information and help here than at the Drs. Office. Remember there is no such thing as a silly question. Live each day to the fullest and relax in knowing we are all here for you when you need us Shelly

sorry you had to be here but, welcome ....you will find many good people here

Hello all, my mother diagnosed this week, just getting informaion on what one can expect, hard to believe

Sadie & Debby-

welcome ! "We" too are newly diagnosed. (he is fighting the physical aspect and I the emotional) This is a great forum. Start by contacting your local ALSA chapter if you haven't already.
- Shelley

I've been contacted by email twice in the last week by newly diagnosed. I stranger and an old friends brother. You just never know where and when it will strike. Welcome to the new arrivals. Sorry you had to come looking for us.

AL.

Welcome,
I have a 14 year old son. So I can surely relate, I am 42, and my best friend is my dog, followed a close second by our new kitten. Welcome, many of us love animals. Hope we can be of some support and kindness to you and your family.

Hey there SadieMae and Debbie,

Welcome to the site. You will not find a nicer bunch of people online or anywhere for that matter.

Please feel free to ask us about anything. If we dont have the answers , we will try to point you in the right direction to get some. We are not doctors (well most of us) , but we have tons of experience.

Its all about a positive attitude and keeping the energy up.

Dont be shy .

Glen

Last edited:
Glen, I think that it is about having the energy to keep it up in a positive attitude. :lol:

Thanks to all. We have filed for our ssdi, hoping it will be retroactive to january, last time he worked. Also going to VA tomorrow, He was in National Guard 27 yrs ago. National VA says he is eligible, local says no. Reno has a good ALS clinic, we have a great social worker with the ALS chapter of Nevada. He is having with shortness of breath at nite. He will get a BiPapp as our medicare kicks in, along with a feeding tube. We already have a loaner power chair, any tips on breathing relief or relief from the facticulations would be helpful. He feels like he has pirranahs eating his muscles away. Thanks

Sorry to hear about the DX. I am also a relatively new diagnosee, and starting the SSDI and Medicare thing. Some good information on here about this process. I have a 9yr old male siamese cat that is my napping buddy. When I kick back and put my feet up in this do-all chair, he is my lap cat napping buddy.

Sadie,
You guys should be able to get the bi-pap and not wait. MDA or ALS assoc. should be able to help that happen. And I believe and am pretty sure that your husband will be service related and entitled to 2700 dollars a month and medical care, we have a lot of people who are really up on this. If you do not hear anymore, let me know and I will contact Zen Archer(Jeff), he is a big advocate for Veterans. Glad you are finding your way around here, You are welcome often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back