Reason
PALS
Country
UK
State
N/A
City
N/A
hi all... i just wanted to act as a reinforcement of that little voice in your head, and beg that you all be careful if you are still mobile!

mum had a terrible fall a few days ago and managed to bite through her lower lip with her tooth, chip her bridge and give herself the most almighty, terrible "shiner" (black eye) stretching from her cheekbone to the middle of her forehead! poor thing has since developed a slight infection of the puncture wound and is now on a course of antibiotics and painkillers which make her very lethargic. we stupidly had left a welcome map at the backdoor that was the culprit in this fall. :sad:

so please, if you're up and about, don't take any chances!

stay safe, you are all in my prayers.

...Tell your mum I hope she feels better soon! You know, I fell in the backyard the middle of July, sprained my middle finger, and the darned thing still hurts! Its like of all places to get hurt in a fall...

it seems hurts can take A LOT longer to heal with ALS than usual. i suppose it stands to sense. how are you doing, generally, rose? how did it feel to be one year post-diagnosis recently? is your mobility still good? and are you enjoying your new house?

i will pass on your regards to mum!

sorry to hear of your mom being hurt , hope she feel's and look better soon

i think she is on the mend... the problem of hurting her mouth means that she hasn't been eating very much, which is kind of aworry since we all know how important it is for PALS to keep their weight on!

how is your son, tdamess? i hope he is staying safe!

My thoughts and prayers go out to your mom. I know how you are feeling, my Mom fell at our house about a month ago and she broke her arm. It is scary how fast it can happen and how little things we take for granted can be huge problems for PALS. Give your mom a hug for me and let her know I am praying for her, I hope she can get back to eating soon.

Dana

That hurt just reading about it!

I hope your mom has a swift recovery. Give her something nice for the pain!

Zaphoon

Very apropos, I am going hunting tomorrow. Gotta make sure it don't use my rifle as a cane, it doesn't work well with the barrel plugged. I haven't had any falls yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and being careful.

I hope you mum heals up fast rocmg, her fall doesn't sound nice at all!

Barry,
My husband and son are big hunter's, my house is full of wildlife artwork, (Ned Smith), a local artist. I have mount's and such, a bear trap, most guys are just amazed how much I let my hubby put in the house. My decorating really goes well with it, somehow it really works. I am the biggest animal lover around, as our my husband and son. Hunter's are sometimes the biggest animal lovers.

So , how did "The last of the Great White hunters" do ?

Did you have some fun ?

Glen

rocmg ..he is handleling it for now he is the type who thinks things always works out and wont happen to him. i tried to get him on here but he don't want to know thingsso i know he's becoming afraid and don't want to know what is going to happen to him

I had a great day, drove around in the rain, didn't see a thing except for a few crows and ravens. The deer are too smart for me! If is wasn't opening day I would have stayed home, my three sisters are coming to visit for the weekend so I have to rest up tomorrow but I'll be out again next week with my hunting buddies. I haven't got any animals mounted yet but I really do want a deer for the wall in our log home.

Hi Great White Hunters.... My son and son in law are hunting on our property. They brought home two lg doe's and one nice buck. It has been raining all week. Musket and bow.... ummmmmmmmmm stew very soon...smile!

Hope you get a Dr. to give you a peg if you want one.... I think they should give us anything we want? Lin

rocmg, I am so sorry to hear about your mum's fall. My dad has fallen a couple of times and the last time he cut his head and needed stitches. It was awful. Our poor PALS! I hope your mum has a better time eating now. If not you can perhaps make her some high-calorie smoothies.

All the best to you and your family,
Rosella

thanks for all your replies, you guys! your well wishes must have worked as mum is over the worst of her injuries and i can see the new skin growing on her inner lip... weird!

thelma... your poor dad! i hope he is in better health now. mum managed to drop a pound or two these past weeks... but we'll be trying to pile them back on ASAP. we will have a guilt-free mcdonalds with all the bad greasy stuff, and milkshakes, to celebrate her full recovery. we've talked about it, and we decided to look for a cane for her this week. kind of a big step, but if it means she can avoid kissing the pavement again, it will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back