Anyone have an ankle pop out of joint due to foot drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtPockets

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2006
Country
US
State
Ms
City
Gulfport
The foot drop on my right foot is very severe. At night as I lay in bed the pain gets worse all through the night, until it feels like my foot is broken or out of joint? It is hard to put into words. When it happens I cannot stand for anyone to even touch it the pain is so great. My foot position when this happens is very distended, almost like a ballerina would do her foot to get up on her toes. Is this just another one of my Aby-normal symptoms or does someone else experience this?

I have tried wearing my foot drop boot to bed but the pain is still there. It just is not making sense to me. My Doctor seems to think it is normal, but the pain levels in this one ankle are way beyond normal.

Hey Al,

Sorry to hear about the pain in your ankle.

Can you tell what is giving you the pain?
Ankle bone on bone?
Are your tendons tightened up ?
Has it become arthritis-like ?
Is it swollen ?

Have you tried hot an cold on it ?
Have you tried stretching it in ways to loosen up the tendons ?
Have you tried a deep muscle balm - like a A5-35 ?

I wish I had some answers for you , but all I have is questions. Hopefully one of those questions will lead to some relief !

And stop kicking that damned cat EH !

Glen

I have somewhat the same thing. Not sure if it is the same but I have bad ankle pain if I have a blanket over my feet. I deal with it by putting a thick pair of socks on and having my feet hang out from under the blankets.

The pain is very bad like a broken foot, but it is not broken. It must be tendon related ?
The foot falls further throughout the night until it wakes me and I cannot stand for my wife to move it because the pain is so severe.
It is the same whether I wear my foot drop boots or not?
When I transfer to my wheelchair in the morning it takes about 30 minutes for the pain to ease off and become bearable.
Another thing that may have some effect on it, the fluid drains from my feet at night since I have the foot of the bed raised, and in the morning it takes about an hour before they swell back up while in the wheelchair.

Hi AL. I get bad swelling too. The OT got me these things called ReadyWrap by Solaris. So far they are keeping the swelling down all day long. You can't wear shoes over them though. I'll post a link. They're expensive but worth it, especially if Ins. pays. Mine paid half.

AL.

Solaris Products > ReadyWrap

Thanks for the info. That is just what I have been looking to get. My supplier was here yesterday and I will pass this along to him.
A nurse came by yesterday and finally got my Jobst stockings on my legs. Slept a lot better last night with those on. My wife has arthritis in her hands so bad she cannot put them on for me.
Is the pressure set by blowing air into it?
Thanks a bunch AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back