Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
UK
State
Lincolnshire
City
Grimsby
Hi there , for the last couple of weeks I've had an infection lurking round my peg site , it had healed beautifully but just started discharging . Yesterday a dressing was put on and I was started on antibiotics . While the peg nurse was cleaning round the stoma she said there was some granulation on one side , which I had noticed a red raised area myself . She says that once the infection has cleared up she will set to on getting rid of the granulation .
Has anyone else had , for one, an infection , I keep very clean so not sure how I got it , and two , granulation ? :-?

Sorry about what is happening. I hope it heals soon. I have not had either problem in the 2+ years I have had mine. I hope someone else will respond.

Thank you joel , I am rather disappointed that it's got sore , I'm hoping the antibiotics heal it up . x

Tich1 My Dad had an infection around his PEG as well. Mom and Dad were meticulous with the care but it can happen to anyone. Any time you have a foreign object protruding from your body (PEG, trach, foley) there is a risk. Dad received antibiotics and it was painless after 1 day and cleared up after 2.

Hope yours heals just as quickly.
Dana

Try Miracle Mist Plus
Miracle Mist Plus™ Wound Care

The Next Generation in Wound Care

Despite the proliferation of expensive wound care products, healing is usually slow, unaffordable or nonexistent. Pressure sores and diabetic skin ulcers devastate nearly 5 million lives in the U.S. each year and untold millions in other countries. Pressure sores are a leading cause of death in spinal cord injured persons.

Miracle Mist Plus™ Wound Care Spray sets a new standard in today's medical and holistic healthcare. Formulated with 100% natural ingredients, including a patented bactericidal concentrate, its proven effectiveness as an all-in-one, one-step dermal care solution is unparalleled. With less patient resistance, Miracle Mist Plus™ Wound Care Spray dramatically reduces nursing time and wound care budgets by up to 50 percent. Miracle Mist Plus™ Wound Care Spray is safe for all ages and skin types, and may be used to treat minor to deep and severe wounds.

One-step Cleansing, Soothing Disinfectant Spray

Bactericidal and Anti-fungal
Eliminates painful rubbing
Reduces contamination exposure
Resistant to Staph, Strep, E-coli and Pseudomonas
Makes self-treatment easier in hard to reach areas

Healing Accelerator

Patented method drives calcium and magnesium into the cells
Results in faster healing then traditional methods
Less opportunity for scar tissue to form

Pain and Itch Reliever

Quickly floods calcium channels in cells
Alkaline pH neutralizes sprayed area
Acts as a membrane stabilizer

Ö Instant pain relief

Ö Cleans & disinfects

Ö Accelerates healing

Ö Soothing & non-irritating

Ö Non-touch application

Ö Treats deep wounds too

Last edited by a moderator:
Tich, I hope this pesky infection goes away immediately!
Be well...
Rosella

Hello Dgt , thank you , I hope it does too , I'm travelling 7 hours to my nieces wedding next weekend . :)
Shannon , advert I presume !
Hi thelma honey , thank you very much :)
xxx

Tich, I haven't had any problems with my peg tube site and let me assure you, I am not that meticulous. I usually just clean it with a Qtip and some saline solution before I go to bed. I am sorry that you are having these problems, it does sound like it would be painful or at least uncomfortable. I hope that the antibiotics clear it up fast ansd that you will be able to enjoy your trip to your niece's wedding. Take care.

Barry

Thank you for your kind words as always Barry . xx

I haven't had any infection but I have had granulation at my PEG site. They use a cream that stings (can't recall the name)
mightily but cleared it up and it hasn't come back. Not at all a big deal. Hope that helps.
Dan

Hi danjay , she did say something about a cream too , Thank you :)

hello

l've had granulation so bad it hurt and my doctor used silver nitrate to burn it off but it kept coming back. l use cortizone cream on it over night and every morning it's cleaned with saline

ALL GONE

Hey Laura,

Do you purchase the saline solution , or just rock salt in some water ?

Glen

We use ordinary table salt, 1 teaspoon to a liter of purified water.

Glen l purchase it and it's great because the granulation goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back