Diagnosis
02/2005
Country
US
State
mi
City
east lansing
I used to have a lot of difficulty eating. Specifically, I would be able to take in a certain amount of protein in my meal and then I "hit the wall" and not be able to eat anymore because of nausea. This was a specially true for beef.

I was hospitalized with pneumonia in March. I couldn't keep anything down, not even ensure shakes. The doctor put me on Zofran, and my nausea and vomiting went away. Around the same time, my medical marijuana card arrived in the mail. This increase my appetite.

So there it is, a two pronged approach to increase the appetite while suppressing nausea. I hope that this information is useful to you. A

Glad you found a solution. I got a medical marijuana card to help my husband's appetite, and bought various products ... he is barely able to eat anything from nausea and no appetite ... but it only made him sleepy. He has an anti-nausea med that doesn't do much, so we'll ask about Zofran. Thanks for the info.

Hi Ace,
I'm glad to hear from you...
How is music writting goes?

I have totally lost my appetite, the nurses were concerned so they told me to start taking ensure, gross! I eat maybe 1 -2 meals a week. I have no problems swallowing just no interest. I don't even have a favorite food anymore...bummer

Micheline, treat yourself to junk food and milkshakes anything with calories ,you need to keep your tummy used to food coming in on a regular basis.

Micheline ... that happened to me, too, and to many people with serious illnesses. You just lose an interest in food. But as Blackpool said, it's important to keep eating. Not losing weight will extend your life more than any other single thing, I've been told, so force yourself as much as you can to get calories down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back