Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
OK
City
Norman
Greetings all,

My dad, Ernie Hills, died of ALS in July 2006 just six months after my mom passed away suddenly from pneumonia. He hadn't even been diagnosed at the time of her funeral and was incorrectly diagnosed as having a mild stroke in January 2006. It quickly became apparent that he was getting worse and not better as he couldn't hold his head up, eat or drink, breathe well, etc. In May he started to fall...in June he was finally diagnosed, and he died in hospice care a month later.

My Basset Hound, Jack Hills, is entered in the Week 6 | Cutest Dog Competition | One Million Dollar Contest | Enter to Win $1,000,000 | Who is the cutest dog? contest where folks vote for the cutest dog each week for twelve weeks. We are now in week six. The dog that gets the most votes each week becomes one of 12 finalists who vie for the grand prize of 1 million dollars.

I have partnered with the Phi Delta Theta fraternity at the University of Oklahoma to get enough votes for Jack to be a finalist. ALS is their fraternity's philanthropy and that of Phi Delts nationwide. They have agreed to vote for Jack daily to help boost his totals into the winner's column. However, we need more daily votes as the winners typically receive over 500 votes per day!

If Jack is fortunate enough to win the contest, I will give Phi Delta Theta $500,000.00 toward their ALS charity. They are excited and so am I. The winnings are paid out over thirty years. The other half of the money will help me support my adopted Chinese daugher and give us a little more money each month to make ends meet, as I am an elementary school teacher.

I know my dad would approve. Here is the link to Jack Hills' entry. Just click on "vote cute' each day. If you click on his profile you will be able to bookmark his page.

Vote for Jack Hills in the Cutest Dog Competition - Cute dogs photos

If the link won't open for some reason, just go to www. cutestdogcompetition.com and enter the "cutest gallery". The browse for Jack Hills. Thank you all so much. After my father began is painful journey, I am glad my mother missed it. Such a rough deal. My love to all of you.

Susan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the loss of both your mom and dad.

I wish you luck in the contest!

I just got a vote in for Jack! I'll keep voting daily. Good luck!

Debbie

Done! I hope Jack wins.. he sure is cute.

I am so sorry about your parents, Susan. You are very strong and generous. Congratulations on adopting a little girl. I wish you both all the happiness in the world. Between your puppy and your daughter I bet you are surrounded by cuteness. :)

Rosella

I voted! Thank you for being an Advocate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back