Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
Hi!
My dad is back from hospital today with PEG.
I would like to thank everybody who helped us to persuade my father to go for PEG. I did not believe it would change his (and our) life so dramatically! It is not only about him gaining on weight and my Mom not spending hours feeding him.

He used to be very aggressive, angry and anxious most of the time. He hardly slept at all. No antidepressants helped.

He now has become calmer, more agreeable and interested in other people's lives. He is sometimes almost the same as we all know him.

Could it be because he was hungry?

It sure works for me, hungry = grumpy and full = mellow. There is no better way for us orally challenged PALS to satisfy our appetites and thirst than a PEG tube so I am glad that it is working for your dad.

I guess hungry as a bear is true..lol... So glad he is happier and ore content. Life can be very difficult if one feels undernourished. Glad he is home, and hope he continues to improve, please keep us posted...

Alex, this is great news. I am very happy to hear that your dad is doing better with the PEG. It helped my dad too. There aren't a lot of instant gratifications with ALS, thankfully the PEG can provide that!

Be well.

Hi everybody!
Thank you for answering my question about the relation between hungry and angry. We really feel the quality of my dad's life has improved.

Fantastic, its great to hear the good news.

Glen

Alex great to hear all went well and your Dad is feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back