Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
NE
City
Lincoln
As you all know, I have a new diagnosis of ALS from a neuro in St. Louis. I am likely going to be moving to either York NE or Lincoln NE sometime this fall or next spring. Where, probably in the midwest would be a good place to go for a second opinion?

http://www.alsa-midwest.org/info/dialog/0409-Dialog.pdf

Lincoln is not too far from Omaha, but York is a little further.

Looks like this is a relatively new ALS Clinic. You can read about in the pdf referenced above. There is a contact to learn more about the clinic.

Good luck in NE! I lived there for 9 years. Try not to live too close to the stockyards!

Oh, stockyards! P.U.! It brings me back to the summer of 1979 in Dam Neck, Va. There was a navy technical school that I attended back then and it must have been right next door to what use to be the largest hog farm on the east coast.

At 0630 every morning, the winds would blow over the hog farm and then over the navy base. The stench would permeate the cinder block walls and air conditioning system.

I was only there for a 3 week course but breakfast just wasn't the same while there.

Zaphoon

pigs stink!
(but I sure love the taste of bacon!)

Last edited:
Must be something to do with the military! The cows were near the Air base where I lived. Hey, here's a good spot to build a base - right next to Manuresville! PU!

pvale: hope you find a good neuro!

silly people, the stockyards are looooooooong gone

but seriously - Mayo Clinic in Rochester is the best bet... and worth the trip. If you feel you can't get there, the University Med Center in Omaha has a very good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back