Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Campbell River
Well it is official, my family and marriage of 15 years this October didn’t survive this disease. I will be moving out soon and my husband and children will have peace and be able to live their lives as they want to and need to. I lost a friend on this forum and a husband, but no more blaming and lies. I need to move forward for what time I have left and try and be there for my kids. It’s unfortunate I lost his family as my support, but he and the kids need them more than I do. Will it be hard, yes. Will I miss them, yes. I will always love them and never have stopped. Hopefully they will forgive me for leaving one day. No luck on facility living as I am too capable of some things. Doesn’t that bite ya in the butt! You all have wonderful hearts and I thank you for your support for both of us.

I am extremely sorry for what you have had to endure! My heart goes out to you and I will be praying for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will continue to come to the forum not only for support but to lend others here your advice and experience.

Well, shucks! You have my condolences regarding the loss of such a long-time marriage.

Zaphoon

Micheline,

I want to wish you the best! We are here if you need our support. Yes, that is a "bite in the butt" that you can't go to a facility
because you are still capable of somethings. I hope you find comfort in your new home.

i am so sorry but, are you sure it is what they want and you . i hope all works out for you. i just dont know how to help you wish i could

I hope you can find a place and move on. Remember, one day at a time.

AL.

So sorry , it is good to know that so many here want to be a support system for you . Don't ever feel like you are alone.....I wish you the very best with your new life... You sound so strong and have the will and I am sure you will be fine.. Big Hugs, Linda

Micheline, I am very sorry about all of this, as if ALS isn't enough. Please take care of yourself and I hope that you can find a place where you can be looked after. I'm sure your kids will understand and forgive you for leaving, if not now, then in time.

What does it mean Banned Registered Member next to Micheline's name?

If she was diagnosed in November of '08 she is still living a nightmare of grief with realization of the disease! I SO hope she can find help and hope and maybe even counseling to help with her marriage. She shouldn't have to leave her children. She needs her family and running away in devastation seems so unnecessary.

Is there anything we can do to help? Any ideas?

i agree with you on this one majorie, all the kids will do now is worry more but dont know it is what children and hubby want themself it was never stated that they did.....hope it is just not her feeling like a burden on them

The situation is a little different than what you are thinking. I can't say anymore.

She ask to be removed and had reason we could not ignore.

Yes, she definitely needs our support and the best thing we can do for her right now is pray.

Please understand and respect her wishes. Thank you!

Joel, should we maybe drop the thread ? Yes , people will miss it , but maybe thats the point.

will keep her in prayers as i do all of you

I am so sorry to hear this. I tried to contact Micheline. She was near my age with a similar story. Kids close in age...I will keep her in my prayers especially now. I have been having a hard time posting to the public even before my diagnosis and still do. It seems people want to chat more openly and this is so hard for me. I thought I may have offended her before and I apologize. Now as I struggle with my family and friends, I am trying to reach out. I am tired of having no one to talk to on bad days or when I am scared. It's not always easy being tough or graceful with this. The burden to my family is great even though I can still do things and I've considered possible leaving as well. Then it passes. The children need their mother and their father and their friends to get through this. Now, I think I just butted in on this thread but I'm not sure how this all works still. I will keep you in my prayers Micheline and her family. Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back