topsfan

Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Hagerstown
Greetings everyone,
I had someone mention that some insurances will pay a family member as the caregiver as it keeps insurance costs down by avoiding the nursing home care? Do any of you know of such a thing? My brother who lives with our parents is serving as our mothers primary caregiver. I help as often and however I can while still working. Hsi dedication to our mother is preventing him from seeking employment. It would be great if insurance could pay him a small amount jsut to help out.

THank you, Mary

Fran Stoner
Manager
Department of Aging
State Office Building, Room 1007
301 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 767-0705

I think it is a state by state basis, but maybe the contact above can help you.

care policy

my wife has a small long term care policy for when she stops work & is disabled. $3000 a month if shes in a facility, $1500 if at home. You can pay whoever you want with the 1500, it mentions family members. Its for activities of daily living type help & housekeeping. NOT medical...

in arkansas call your local department of human services (DHS) ask them about a program called independent choices
it will pay family members but not your spouse or legal guardian

Thank you for the replies... unfortunately, Mom does not have a long term care policy but does have Medicare and a supplement which says it covers home health care... I'll be calling the Baltimore office in the morning as well as Medicare and her supplement company.
I do so appreciate the input.
Thanks again, Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back