Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I'm having a tough time with this word - "Shnoodle".

I keep thinking I'm going to find something like this on a menu at a local cafe'.

I'll walk into one of my favorite venues for lunch and there will be Mary, my favorite waitress. As I park my butt in the booth (I prefer the comfort of a booth over the hard seat of a chair), Mary will ask, "What would you like to drink? Oh, and by the way, our lunch special today is oven baked shnoodle."

Just mumbling to myself here...

No offense to Chico or Ernie...

I do want to add that a Shnoodle is a very good dog to have. Shnoodles have been known to rescue their owners from burning buildings, chase away burglars and with their keen sense of smell, can detect any toxic stuff in your food (even a plate of oven roasted...)

Dogs are good companions, especially if you have a debilitating illness. They don't care if you are bound to a wheelchair and even seem to understand your situation (especially the Shnoodles). I'm tap dancing here, folks!

Okay, how about this... If you have a dog, cat, bunny or any other form of pet, would you care to share your experience and how you have benefitted from ownership.

This also includes any negative experiences an animal has given you.

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Oh PZ, you are a classic.

First of all it is spelled Schnoodle because it's a cross between a Schnauzer and a Poodle.

And yes Chico lives up to his reputation. Eight years ago, I was living in an apartment on the top floor of a little 3-floor walk-up and one night Chico kept running down the long hallway to the living room, barking at me, then running back up the hallway to the kitchen and whining at the patio door. I was confused and dumb. I should have known he was trying to tell me something right away but at first I thought he was being annoying. After a good 20 minutes of this I followed him into the kitchen and he was whining at the back door with even more urgency. I looked outside and saw nothing. Then I looked at Chico and saw that he was looking up so I followed his eye line and lo and behold the roof of the building next door was on fire! Flames were shooting up from the roof! I ran to get the phone to dial 911 and I heard sirens so someone had beat me to it but had I known immediately to follow Chico and understand what he was trying to tell me, I could have called that fire in 20 minutes earlier.

Luckily no one was injured and the damage was contained to the roof. The firemen came into our building and advised us to evacuate. They were outstanding! I think firefighters are real heroes... as well as my little fire-detecting Schnoodle, Chico Romeo.

Chico has also shown great sympathy to anyone who is feeling sad. He saw my dad shed a tear recently and immediately ran to his side and stuck his head under my dad's hand. My dad patted him on the head and Chico licked my dad's hand. This made my dad smile. That Schnoodle sure has a big heart for a 23-pound creature.

Also, I do agree Schnoodle sounds a bit like food. I picture a dessert. Like strudel. Yummy. :D

Last edited:
Grew up with 3 schnauzers and a poodle... kind of a default schnoodle? Now have Golden Retrievers. I can't believe how good they are with Glen. He still walks them every night.. a 65 pound dog and a 90+ pound 18 month old puppy. He really has no control over them... they have their gentle leader head halters on, but that's mostly a signal to them that Dad's walking them, be good! And they are... they never pull or bolt... are amazingly calm and gentle with him, and even sit patiently during the 5 minutes or more it takes to get their halters on. Glen feels like he's helping take care of them, and they take excellent care of him!

is a shnoodle an austrian noodle?

i am a cat lover with a ginger tom called oscar and my kitten daisy who will be 1yrs old next week.
i could not live without them,honestly they are sometimes my only reason to get out of bed some mornings.:-D
pets are fantastic for elderly or ill people and are ofton used for therapy in homes and hospitals to lift the spirits.

i have a recent story but a little sad.
on sunday evening oscar brought in a baby mouse(very carefully so he did not hurt it)
of course the devil women daisy went straight to attack it.
with daisy safely locked away we got a container and scouped it in,bless it it had barely opened its eyes and was the size of the end of the thumb if that.
my son buried it under some leaves in the corner of the green.
i know it wont survive and this upset me(i am such a softie when it comes to animals):(
if i could have i would have kept it to look after till it got bigger.

i am still traumatised after the both killed a bird in my kitchen some weeks back.:(

also daisy loves catching flys and then takes them into the bathroom and deposits them in a corner. honestly some days if i dont check there can be several piled up........whats that all about?!:confused:

We have a female golden retriever and she is the nicest untrained dog that you will ever meet. We also have a cat who is really a pain in the A**, so you can tell that I am not a cat person.

BTW, I know that I will get in trouble for this but Rose is away camping so here goes. When I first saw the picture of Ernie on the suitcase I thought "Ernie sure looks like Chewbacca " I don't know what it is, maybe something in his eyes? OK, Ok, I know don't diss the schnoodle, I'm sorry already. :)

I'm having a tough time with this word - "Shnoodle".

To me, it sounds like something you quaff, and then immediately wish you hadn't. Like 3.2 beer.

But Ernie and Chico are adorable, and a credit to their species!

I mean just look at this face and button nose.

Attachments

• 2237780_600.jpg
    2237780_600.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 168
ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE ! And also, you can tell that he is a firefighter at heart, a brave warrier, highly intelligent, sensitive, good with children, tidy about the house, doesn't shed, speaks three languages and is faithful to a fault.

(That's kind of a big button, though isn't it? Maybe an overcoat button? Of course, it's as adorable as the rest of him ... I'm just saying ... )

I guess it's true that that's kind of a big button, maybe it's more of a black marshmallow than a button. It's just so tempting to touch it but he doesn't like that.

You know him so well, Beth! How did you know he speaks 3 languages: English, French and Italian? I am going to show Chico your post. My guess is he'll blush. He's also quite modest.

I think Ernie's been holding out on you! If he's part schnauzer, then he should be speaking German too!

I only have one word for them.

EWOKS :twisted:

Looks like we're going to the dogs around here!

or the pack (if you have more than one):-D:-D

I miss my dog

Here is Holly. Purebred Corgi.

She was the smartest most loyal dog I ever had. Unfortunately , genetics took her kidneys when she was only 4 yrs old.

On she DOES NOT look like an Ewok.

Glen

Attachments

• mycorgi2.JPG
    mycorgi2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 190
Holly is a beauty!

Glen, I am really sorry that you lost your Holly too soon. She sure was a beautiful canine and I must concede, Chico does not have that kind of elegance or poise but he makes up for it with his giant personality!

Also, Holly surely does not look like an Ewok. In fact I had no idea what an Ewok was so I googled it...

So you actually think that Chico and Ernie look like this freaky creature? :confused:

Attachments

• Episode_6_Ewok_2-1.jpg
    Episode_6_Ewok_2-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back