Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
I need to bow out of my part as a high seas temptress & pirate chic extraordinaire. ~ I was all set for the murder, twitching and mayhem, but there are too many responsibilities piling up before next week's camping trip. The show must go on, however, the mantel has to rest on someone else 8)

Maybe I can pop in for a bit part.... Mare... CJ... you ladies are looking good for the spotlight!

Rose-

No can do- I won't be around much this weekend, either. Besides, my creative writing skills just aren't up to par with the talent here. I'm good for maybe one-liners!

I believe CJ & hubby have a clinic visit today; so she might not be around, at least today.
Not sure how long she is there.

Zaph- how about you pitch-hitting this weekend, since you'll be away next weekend? (finally getting to see & hold Wyatt- YEAH!)

Or, any other volunteers? Capt. Al?

Forum Follies For This Weekend....

Is there a specific time the thread is supposed to start?

I'm going to be busy this weekend tuning at a local university but if need be,
I can get the ball rolling. Up till now, I have limitted my participation in the weekend follies because I am so outclassed by other talent. I mean that in a good way.

I'm really not up to speed on this weekend's theme and characters.

Any takers?

Zaphoon

Last edited:
The thread has no specific start time, PZ.... and honestly I don't know how you could possible think that you are "outclassed by other talent!" That is an outrage. You are funny, clever, witty and creative. So many of your posts make me laugh out loud. You're a great writer and I am sure I'm not alone in this thinking.

The Forum Follies could take a one-week hiatus if there aren't enough writers available this weekend. Without Barry or Rose, it just won't be the same. :(

Due to lack of participation (too many parties elsewhere) , we should suspend the follies until everyone is back and full of mischief.

That way no one is stressing about missing it or trying to hard to cover for the others.

Everyone , enjoy your weekend.

Glen

I needed this laugh tonight..thanks everyone!

Bravo for Forum Follies! I have laughed more enjoying these pieces than I have in a very long time. Again I say, Bravo.

Hopeful Warrior,

It is good to laugh, isn't it!

I'm going to miss the weekend silliness, however, I am not going to be totally AWOL, just need to direct my creative juices more toward how to fit all of the camping paraphernalia into the Mini, plus Ernie dog too! We've taken the Mini before, but not with the puppy of course. And, he's got to be fastened in somehow because its a convertible. I bought a harness for him yesterday, thinking we could just tether him to the seatbelt and save space by leaving his booster at home, but he wouldn't hold still long enough to fit it on him, much less try it out in the car.

We've been able to fit a lot into a relatively small space in past trips, because we use many utensils and gear designed for backpackers (don't let me even get started extolling the wonders of the Jetboil system which includes a french press coffee maker and will boil a cup of water in under 60 seconds!)

I finally got the bi-pap figured out, as far as setting it up for use in a tent. Its not that hard, but reading instructions and tips from others, and actually understanding what to buy, and how to hook it together and make it work, was a whole different story (for me at least)!

Awrg. Mattie's, Capt. AL will miss the fun.

Hey what do expect with a name like that. I have trouble following the characters but boy it sure is fun reading.

My wife and I use to treasure hunt the beaches of Florida and Gulf Shores Alabama, with under water metal detectors. We found all kinds of jewelry like womens rings, watches, necklaces, etc.. You See, the bathing beauties would get hot from the sun and all sweaty and need to cool off or pee and go get in the cool water and their rings would fall off.

I had one lady ask me if I could help her locate her 4 rings she had just lost, she still had 4 more on her fingers, as I was passing by with my under water detector. I told her sure I would give it a try. Found them in under one minute. You see they were sitting on top of the sand in about 2 feet of water.

People had a habit of coming up to us after they saw us find something and saying oh that is mine. So I hid them in my scoop and asked her to identify what she had lost. She did not even see that I had found them.
She matched the description and I gave her the rings back. Did not even get a thank you from her.
Well, I'm off subject, but thought since the weekend follies were on hold I would give you a small short story.
Love you guys and gals.
BTW Rose love the eye patch, hook, and hat. lol :lol:

Last edited:
displaying avatars

I keep seeing people referencing how cool someone's avatar is but I'm not seeing them. I've looked but don't see how to turn them on. Any advice on this?

go to user pc at top of page on the left and again on the left go to down the list to avatar

Hi Guys, I am back from my 2 day camping trip. We had to come home cause there was no power for my blender and I ran out of morning smoothies. Went fishing, caught one nice rainbow trout, lost one and let two little ones go. The one that we caught was very good cooked up for lunch, nothing like fresh fish!

Rose HOW do you go camping in a Mini? I can't imagine how that would work, we had a 4 door GMC pickup truck pulling a 19.5' holiday trailer and that was ok for my son and myself. I guess I'm getting soft, I like running water, lights and a furnace even when I'm camping.

Anyway, I'm glad that I didn't miss out on the fun this weekend and Zaph, your anti-twitching-drooling threads shows me that you have no worries about being outclassed by anyone here!

Al, you could probably have made a lot of money in ransom or at least rewards but you are too honest.

till next weekend dor more murder, mayhem and twitching. Colonel Mustard in the library with a lead pipe?

Barry

Friend With Metal Detector

My wife was on our front porch when a wasp started to buzz her. She is scared to death of flying things that sting as she has had an allergic reaction to some kind of stinging bug while in Florida. Almost killed her - got to the E.R. just before her throat closed.

Anyway, she was swatting at this wasp frantically and threw her wedding band off of her finger in the process of shooing the bug. We looked and looked for the ring but to no avail.

A friend from church came over with his metal detector and couldn't find it.

5 years later I was at a fellow piano tuner's place and noticed he had a deluxe model of a metal detector. He loves to go to old civil war battle areas and hunt for artifacts. This guy volunteered to treasure hunt for the long lost wedding ring and low and behold, he found it in no time flat!

Zaphoon

Fantastic news Zaphoon! That is so great that your sweet wife has her ring back. Yay! :D

Barry, welcome back! Glad you had fun while your smoothies lasted. ;)

I absolutely love you all. The Forum Follies have become a highlight of my weekends, but I just lurk. I don't think up stuff fast enough for you guys! xo Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back