What is the best thing that you've had come out of this Dx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kedevlin23

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
PA
City
My Oasis
What is the best and most heartfelt thing someone has done for you (if you have the disease) or for you loved one that has the disease?

Allowed me to be part of this forum family and I DO mean that! :smile::smile:

Barry beat me to it!

Okay, I'll 3rd that but outside of this forum, the best thing I've gotten out is boogers.

Zaphoon

Lots of truly understanding friends on this forum and the increased showing of love by friends and family. I would love to give back to them by getting better though. Keep dreaming.

For my family it really brought us together. Prior to mom's diagnosis, I never was in contact with her brothers and I speak with 2 of the 3 quite regularly now. Prior to diagnosed I spoke to my sister about twice a month, now she calls me 5 times a day. Additionally, my son got to know his cousins, my sister, and my mom for a brief period.

While going through the stages of the disease with mom was indescribable, it has given me a renewed sense of living each day. Mom's ALS was familial unfortunately so I do wonder very frequently if I will get it. I have an almost daily reminder within me to enjoy the moment even if I'm just driving down the road on my way to work. I think to look around, there is beauty everywhere.

Since my moms diagnosis I have learned to enjoy every day and not take things for granted. My mother has amazed me by being so strong, I hope I can be half the person she is. I am also so grateful for this forum, I have learned so much from everyone here and I have grown to love them like they are my family. So the best thing that has been done is I have learned to enjoy life ,not to worry about things I can't change and tell those close to me how I feel about them.

Dana

If it were not for his diagnosed, I'm not sure I would have met my Andy. So HE is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Because of his personality changes, Glen & I were very close to splitting. So... a renewed appreciation of each other, with many questions answered. A chance to see my son (age 24) dedicate himself to an ALSA bike ride in Napa, having raised almost $2500 already, with the ride a month away! And yes... finding you all.

Katie

I learned who my real friends were. Starting with my Wife Wanda. She has the heart of a lion. I didn't think it was possible to love her any more than I did. I was wrong.

There are some people who I work with that are amazing.

I also have new friends on the 'net from this site.

Glen

If I hadn't got this miserable disease I wouldn't have found this site and helped rescue it from extinction with my new found friend David. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes he took over the site, pays the bills out of his own pocket and I run the day to day operations with the help of Joel, Annmarie and Cindy who is on sabbatical. I have met some tremendous people here. Too many are gone which tears at my heart daily. I keep at it knowing in a small way, I can still make a difference in others lives.

AL.

Thank you Al, David Joel, Annemarie and Cindy, you along with all of my friends on this forum have made a big difference in my life. I don't feel alone in this mess, as I've said before there is no support group that I can go to in person so this is it for me.

Barry

I met the people on this forum and made some new friends. I learned to love every day and not to take anything for granted. I know now to say I love you to everyone I care about because I might not have the chance tomorrow.I learned not to get caught up in the little things that won't matter tomorrow.Now I look at problems and think"will this matter in a year?" if not , I don't sweat it.I learned that I was stronger than I thought. I learnt that your heart can break and you can go on living.

Al,

Thanks for all you have done to keep this site alive and well. Thanks to all of the other moderators that continue to safeguard this place from opportunistic folk pedaling stuff like "Drool Be Gone" and "Anti-Twitch Cream".

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back