31/2013
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
New London
Hi ,
ALS is hereditary in my family ! Has taken 6 family members . Have just recently learned that my little brother has it .He is only 46 yrs old . When will it stop ?!
I am trying to get some info that I can not find anywhere ! I hope someone here can help me . A few years back , not sure exactly what year , a tattoo was designed for ALS . It is a tattoo of the Grim Reaper . Me and my sister would very much like to get this tattoo , but I can not find a picture of it ! Any help I can get regarding this would be much appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:
Tattoo,

pamnandy,
Thank you for taking your time to help me ! Am going to follow up on the info you gave me ! God Bless , Sandy "eyeoftheestorm"

Dear Eye,

This is not what you asked about but as someone who faces a risk of genetic ALS, I would recommend you take vitamin E. A huge cancer study published in 2004 by Harvard found a dramatically reduced incidence (62% lower) of ALS among persons who had taken vitamin E for 10 years or more. No guarantees obviously but it might give and family members at risk some measure of comfort and protection. Here's a link to the study:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/archives/2004-releases/press12172004.html

Its hard to know what you have seen , and a search for "ALS TATTOO" gives you too many references to AL's tattoos .

Neuroscience Tattoos Not quite what you are describing , but interesting .

Here are a couple of pictures that I actually use as desktop wallpapers at work. Yep , they know I am different ;) I have fun there.

If you wan the full size versions , drop me a PM with your email addy .

Glen

Attachments

• Darkart.jpg
    Darkart.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Grim-Reaper.jpg
    Grim-Reaper.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 180
i like this idea it is excatley how i feel about als . wonder if it would attrack more awarness and research,and donations

Sandy, If you find it, we'd all like to see the image...

maybe the asl asscoation has it

John1...

I would recommend you take vitamin E. A huge cancer study published in 2004 by Harvard found a dramatically reduced incidence (62% lower) of ALS among persons who had taken vitamin E for 10 years or more.

That's very interesting. Vit. E was what Lou Gehrig was treated with back in 1939-40, when (I think) the vitamin was newly discovered. (Not sure about when it was discovered, but having read Gehrig's letters to his doctor, it seemed to be a new thing back then.)

Obviously it didn't cure Gehrig, but interesting that 70 years later, researchers find a link. A lot of treatments for all diseases are discovered by accident when scientists are searching for something else.

Beth,

Trials failed to find any benefit in taking vitamin E after diagnosis. The trick seems to be to take prior to developing it and for a long time at that.

Very sorry about your brother! My husband has ALS and I created a t-shirt for him to wear. Some people think it may be inappropriate, but we like it!

Here is the link to the t-shirt site I used and the graphics. It is a skeleton catching a flaming baseball. On the back of the shirt is a baseball with wings.

Just thought you might like to see this in case you couldn't find what you were looking for.

Good luck to you and your family. My husband was 47 when diagnosed.

PS-

I used to live in Omaha area. Hope you have a basement or cellar! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
where the link go

the link was taken away for advertising reasons which I understand. If I could capture the
design I will post it without the site I used. Otherwise I may be able to take a pic of the tshirt!

CJ ,

Just email it to TD.

GB

thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back