Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
New York
City
Fishkill
I am just curious. Does anyone have antiphospholipid antibody disorder? It is a rare disorder of the auto immune system that causes blood clots. My mom has it and doctors say they have never known any one to have this and ALS. I have it also.

Laura

We had a member or two have it. I think that they both ended up not having ALS.. some sort of myopathy, and the other one never did get a diagnosed.

can you tell me the symptoms ? Thanks, Lin

Lin,
My first symptom was a cramp in my calf and a bruse behind my knee. Then I had a misscarriage a few years later. Mom had pain in her calf too then her stomach then she couldn't breath well and that is when it had gone to her lungs. When she had one in her arm, we noticed swelling first. Most times they start in your leg but people with aps ( those disorders with those letters see to like us) can get a clot anywhere.

Thanks Laura.....

I'm sorry to hear that. I never heard that you can have both. But I know the symptoms of "Antiphospholipid syndrome " Here are some symptoms: Hypercoagulation, Thrombocytopenia, Recurrent fetal loss, Blood clotting... You can find more under checkorphan.org Disease Pages.

No, I've never found anyone else either. But I can assure you she really does have both. We are poitive of that. I think she should be a study for someone. Scares me because we are so much alike and we have always had similiar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back