Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WA
City
seattle
I'm new and haven't been DX'd yet but expect to be soon. I was just wondering if there are others on here who are or were living alone without nearby family when first dealing with ALS.

That is my situation and I am in complete overwhelm over how I'll handle things when I've lost my mobility. Or, where I'll go.

I'm so touched by the descriptions of spouse/partner care and imagine it reduces anxiety so much.

I may be able to help

Lilly,

I may have someone who can guide you as to how to plan for a future with ALS. She's already helped many of my PALS. You may qualify for a grant to cover her expense. If you are interested, please call me at :

Home: 949-488-9894 or Cell: 949-233-3045

Stu ALS Guardian Angels

My mum lives on her own, she now uses a walker fulltime, has a carer comes in an hour every morning to be there whilst she has a shower incase she has a fall or needs assistance. I know she can get very lonely sometimes, but she also does not want to give up her independance. She has a few very good friends who visit her every fortnight and have helped her more than some of our own family members! They have cleaned her fridge, prepared meals for her freezer, take her out to movies whenever they can - mum can no longer speak either. Find support in your friends if you have no family nearby to help, even just to do little things for you to keep your independence for as long as you can. Mum does have me and my brother, but I have 3 kids under 4 so am unable to help as much as I would like, so am needing to depend on carer services a bit more these days.

Best of luck for the future.

Lily

I'm new and haven't been diagnosed yet but expect to be soon. I was just wondering if there are others on here who are or were living alone without nearby family when first dealing with ALS.

That is my situation and I am in complete overwhelm over how I'll handle things when I've lost my mobility. Or, where I'll go.

I'm so touched by the descriptions of spouse/partner care and imagine it reduces anxiety so much.

Lily...
I'm a bit concerned. You are not alone with this. Please check out my foundation at ALSGuardianAngels.com. I've helped quite a few people on these message boards. Ask around about me. Let's plan ahead to minmize your anxiety. I can make things easier. Its no touble or burden. Its what I want to do.
Stu 949-488-9894 or 949-233-3045

Lily,

You have aroused my curiousity! You stated that you have not been diagnosed yet but expect to be soon. May I ask, why?

What sort of trouble have you been having and for how long?

What have the doctors told you and what testing has been done?

Warm regards,

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back