Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I just got back from a 3 month follow-up with the VA neurologist and the differential remains PLS but my condition remains pretty stable. There is much to be said for stability, is there not?

It turns out that I do have bilateral Babinksi but we're not overly excited about that. In fact, we're just not overly excited about anything, just muddling through and I prefer things that way.

The PLS probably has something to do with having 2 frozen shoulders to some degree.

Time will either refute or inforce this PLS differential (I'm in no hurry). In the meantime, life goes on and coffee and cinnamon poptarts remain my breakfast staple.

Next visit with him will be in 4 or 5 months - I'm just doing that good! Well, aside from the constant spasticity, crampiness, muscle twitching and myoclonic jerks, all is well.

Cheers and smiles!

PZ

Last edited:
you are the only guy who can make a neuro appt. funny.. I am looking at this as a positive appt. Meaning you are in good shape, for the shape you are in my friend.. Keep progressin slowly, and those symptoms, they are a picnic huh... Lol..... I am happy for you, so to speak...:p:p:p:p

PZ ... there's EVERYTHING to be said for stability! Glad you are holding your own.

(Reminds me of what my PCP said at my last physical: "Aside from ALS and heart disease, you're in really good shape ... for your age." AH, yes, my left elbow is admired for miles around. :lol:)

hi pz.
good to hear your stable.............well in body,dont know about the mind as sometimes i do wonder;):lol:.
keep up the good work :)

Yes, remaining stable is a very good thing. Congratulations!

I would also be thankfull for a PLS diagnosis rather than ALS.

Hang in there.

DITTO for what Olly said.

PZ, here's to hoping that you stay stable and that your progression plateaus. I'm sorry about the symptoms you are experiencing. :( but your positive attitude is incredibly admirable and you really are a ray of sunshine on the forum.

Stable is FANTASTIC

Not ALS is even better yet.

Good for you !

Now get busy , you have the next episode to write.

Gee, am I the only one who considers PZ "a little unstable" ?!?!? LOL

Mare,

Noooooooo.... your noooooot!:p

Yeah, I didn't get the "stable PZ" bit either....:grin: Isn't that called an oxymoron?

Seriously Kim, I am happy to hear you are doing well (not progressing) and wish you the best. The longer it goes like this the less likely PLS...crossing my fingers.

Lydia

Good for you Zyphoon. I have UMN predominant als, which I guess is somewhere in-between classical als and PLS.

The "only time will tell" line is such a pain...but it gives you hope!

I had to keep pushing that in 2.5 years..nothing but twitching progressed into Jim's upper body. Only one doctor out of 9 at that point wanted to take that into consideration..but I kept pushing!

You have to listen to your body...and I hope hope hope that what YOU'RE hearing is the truth!

Here's to your hope! Oh...and those cinamon pop tarts (love them!)

Tracy

Gee, I feel really stable today! Even my "instability" is stable!

Can life get any better?

I helped a fellow piano technician move a piano today. What a spastic affair that turned out to be! I'll spare all of the details on how we got this thing over the lawn and through the woods and just say that when it was all over, you could have wrung our close out and hung them up to dry.

I keep wanting to tell the guy no but it always comes out yes.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back