Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
NE
City
Lincoln
I finally got to talk to Dr Al Lozi's resident Friday about my blood tests taken May 28th.
It appears everything came back normal, no muscle protiens in my blood, all hormone levels ok except for testosterone, but he said most guys my age have a low level of that.
They pulled a test for lead, and sent it to Mayo to be run, but it was clotted when it got there and could not be used. I'm relatively sure I've got a lead level, becuase of the use of leaded gas growing up, and I am an electronics hobbyist, and regularly solder with lead based solder.

He said that there was nothing in my tests to change their minds about the probable ALS diagnosis. Dr Al-Lozi was on vacation, and to be back today, so he was going to talk to him and see where we go from here. At my appointment, Dr Al-Lozi told me to come back in 3 months, so if nothing is changed by them talking, I'll see them next at the end of August.

I'm getting worse gnerally pretty quickly. I can barely get through the day, being completely worn out by mid-afternoon. I'm still working, and one of the guys that works in the plant gave me a Invacare Pronto M51 powerchair that he said belonged to his grampa before he died. I can get into places in the office I couldnt before on the old Lark scooter. I can get this chair into the bathroom, which helps a lot. The toilet stall is ADA compliant, so helps me a lot.

More updates later..

Perry L. Vale

Perry,

I'm very very sorry about your probable als diagnosed. I'm glad your friend was able to help you.

Take Care

Perry ... thanks for updating us. The waiting game is the hardest part of it, sometimes.

Sounds like you've got great support from your co-workers. That surely helps a lot.

Keep us in the loop with what's happening.

Perry,

I'm sorry to hear you are in a state of decline. I'm hoping for a big slow down for you.

Zaphoon

Perry,
I give you credit for not giving up and continuing to work. Sounds like you have very compassionate co-workers. Hang in there--you are in my thoughts.
Sophiaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back