Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
If you were to have bulbar onset als, would your speech be affected throughout a conversation, or would it be a word or two?

I have bulbar and mine was the odd word to start with, not whole sentences. It was so subtle that my husband didnt notice it but friends did.

Not to alarm you but go see a dr and check it out.Better catch something early .

I have bulbar and mine was the odd word to start with, not whole sentences. It was so subtle that my husband didnt notice it but friends did.

Were you aware that you were slurring words. For me, I noticed a week ago that I was spitting while talking. Since then I watch what I am saying. I catch my self at least once a day saying a slurred word. Now that I think about it, it is more like being tongue tied. I am going to continue to monitor my speech.

Is bulbar onset rare for a 22 year old?

Goodness als is such a remote possibility it is not even worth wasting a minute's thought on.. Gosh this is getting crazy.

Agree with hopingforcure...... IMHO your age is greatly in your favour as to it NOT being bulbar. I also had increased saliva so was swallowing more and my tongue felt really odd. But we are not doctors, see a doctor if you are that worried and listen to him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back