Diagnosis
06/2007
Country
US
State
maryland
City
hollywood
im a newbie here. i was diagnosed in June 2006. i have 3 children aged 10, 7 (1st marriage) and 2 with current marriage. in early 2007 I progressed rather quick and required more hands on help. he couldn't deal so I had people help me the kids make our meals clean our home etc. in hope that would help with our relationship. i only wanted him to spend time with me and the kids. well he decided to be gone more so the more we fought. January 2009 he practically lives with his parents takes our 2 yr old with him. him and his family have disowned me and my older children. to top it all off we all live on his familys land. per his lawyer he wants custody of our 2 yr old the house sold and a few other things.
so has anyone had this happen?

All I can say is that is terrible, though some people find it easier to run away than face the pain... I have that with my mums brothers who say they will help ie. takes shopping lists for my mum (who is the one with MND) and then never turn up with the groceries among other issues.

I hope this all turns out for the best for you - my heart goes out to you!

Take comfort in knowing what goes around...comes around.

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. My jaw literally dropped as I was reading your post.
I have no idea how someone can walk away at a time like this when you need the people you love to be there for you more than ever.

I hope everything works out for you.

Welcome to the forum! I am deeply sorry you are experiencing this kind of despicable behavior. It is terrible he is doing this to you and your children! I hope he comes to his senses.
Take comfort in that he will reap what he sows. That is a promise from God! But I pray he changes and accepts his responsibilities to you and your children rather than experiencing God's wrath.

Don't hesitate to unload here and let us help however we can!

Seems you need your own lawyer if you don't have one already. I'd say he is going to be paying alimony in addition to providing insurance, etc. I think an attorney would take your case and make him pay the bill. Don't give up - get even.

Sharonca

Erinjca,

I am so very sorry this is happening to you. You are at the right place for support. It's to bad when you need your husband the most, he bails on you. If that is the way he is......you are better off without him. Be strong, you CAN do this.

Hi,
I am so sorry this has happened. My heart goes out to you. I know some people just cant cope with illness.
I thought I was very alone as my husband passed on in 2005, and I have no one. My adult sons do their best and I know I am lucky to have them.

I can help

Erin,

This is terrible, but unfortunately not that uncommon. I have a PALS who could barely communicate and rarely left her bedroom as she was unable to move.. She has two adolescent children. Her husband seemed very empathetic in front of others .... but his wife managed to communicate that when alone, he was a monster to her. She claimed he would threaten to smother her with a pillow, refused to take her to the bathroom, and physically abused both her and the children. The children verified everything.

I found it unfathonamble, so I installed a hidden camera to veryify her claims. It was worse than I had imagined. The film was invaluable. I confronted him with it and he is now walking on eggshells. I retained an attorney. He will seek counseling and will temporarily move out of the house until his wife is satisfied that he has changed. She will have complete access to all family funds

I have other stories that are similar. It wouldn't hurt to talk to a lawyer so that you know your options. I can help you with that. Just let me know.

Stu
ALSGuardianAngels.com

We have had a few others here that have had the same problems. Hopefully they will see your post and offer advice.

AL.

Get a lawyer now! A good one! You have rights and don't let him or his family dictate the outcomes.
I had legal aid at first but I was screwed by the system locally, now I have a Toronto lawyer who is getting things done it, 4 years later!
Patsy

Stu,

What a terrible story, thank god you were there to help.

erin, that is awful. My heart goes out to you.

Are you registered with your local MDA chapter? They are there to help you and should have a support group that you can go to and get some support from others that might be going through similar issues.

God Bless.

Erin,

It broke my heart reading your post.......
I am so sorry on top of a horrible disease, you have to deal with marriage problems.
Please talk to a laywer like the others have said, Stu from Guardian Angels said he could help you if you like.
Do you have support and help from your family and friends for yourself and the other two children.
There is always someone on the forum 24/7 if you need our support. And there are others own here that
have dealt with the similar situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back