Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
A 3 page write up, starting on the front page of the NY Times this morning. Complete with multiple photo layout. The story of PALS Joshua Thompson and his family's attapt to access IPLEX.

Andyvaughn, who was her husband Jim's CALS, is mentioned several times in the article.

Last edited:
Wow, I just read it because I saw your post. I didn't know the story behind Iplex. I will pray it works.

I just can't believe I'm part of this horror. It blows my mind.

I added a link , but it awaits approval , as it should.

I read the article, and it shocks me as to how greedy medical companies are and how cold the FDA can be. The article mentions that the family is well off. What chance does the average joe staring at financial ruin have.

If you know that you are terminal , why not give us the right to try experimental drugs.

Just venting from the pie hole.

Glen

Thanks for posting about the article Rose. What a fight this family has taken on, I hope the Iplex can help Joshua Thompson. My first thought is if the drug is effective for him, think of the time wasted in fighting to get it.

Glen I so agree. If an individual has a definitive terminal diagnosis it should be your choice - or right - to make an informed decision to try an experimental drug. The FDA is suppose to protect us but in the case of terminal diagnosis, the compassion is lost.

Withholding access and hope is wrong.
Two cents from a daughter of an average Joe.

This was a good article. I hope he get's over the pnemonia and continues to improve.

Front page of the New York Times Suday Edition? Yeah. It's definately going to raise awareness!

fabulous! the New York Times is ahead of the curve again... probably anticipating that this baseball season is going to throw ALS into the public arena visibly... now the publisher and editors can pat each other on the back and say, "we spotted this trend way back in May!"

Whatever the reasons... much love and respect for the New York Times for raising awareness of ALS and giving over so much page space!

trivia: my graduation from journalism school was actually held in the New York Times building

anyone have an update on joshua ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back