05/2009
Country
UK
State
Somerset
City
Yeovil
Hello everyone

I have posted a couple of times on this forum before but today had the news we didn't want.

My husband Mark's neurologist says he is 99% sure now that Mark has MND - Progressive Bulbar Palsy.

A slight abnormality on his EMG gave a glimmer of hope that its Myasthenia Gravis but he and the other neurologist that has been seeing Mark are confident that its PBP.

Mark will go in to hospital in the next ten days or so to start the process of being "helped".

We are of course devastated though not altogether shocked.

So far the help and support received on this forum has been fantastic - you have all been very kind.

We may check in on the forum more often now for help and advice if you would be kind enough to have us.

Rachel

Rachel, I am very sorry about Mark's diagnosis, I know how hard it is when they finally confirm your fears. You are welcome here of course and any advice that we can give just ask, we'll do our best to answer. Take care.

Barry

Rachel,

I'm sorry, of course everyone hopes its not this, but you and your family will find ways to come to grips with it. You'll surprise yourself that you do, but it will happen. I hope the time Mark spends at the hospital will be a help and educational for you both.

i'm so sorry rachel. my mum got the exact same diagnosis in February. I'm glad to say she's still talking walking and doing everything she normally did, albeit a little slower.

also, i read once that every hour of sleep before midnight is worth two hours after midnight... that might be an old wives tale, but mum's speech is definitely better when she is well rested.i wish you all the best -- it might not seem like it now, but you and your husband will smile again!

We all get it.. I once heard a saying that has always made sense to me.

What at first is unacceptable becomes acceptable... It will really ring true. We will be here for you, and can answer a lot of questions, continue to be a shoulder to lean on. This is a great group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back