Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
As they say "Don't try this at home!"

I think my husband is very very bored! :shock:

Long story short:

A kid's basketball rolls down into a culvert at the corner of our property...of course the kids want to retrieve the ball.

In the meantime I have SIL, that I think has half a brain at our house, as opposed the SIL that has no brain. My son comes in and tells us about the MIA ball. She proceeds to tell him about how they went into culverts as kids. I'm thinking DUH , we live in the south, in a river neighborhood and what may be in the culvert could be a very nice Copperhead or Raccoon!

It just rained for goodness sakes! My husband goes out to check to make sure that none of the kids might attempt to crawl the culvert.

I hear a knock on the door - it's one of the kid's. MY HUSBAND IS IN THE CULVERT!

Now I have the surrounding neighbors coming to our little corner of earth to see what is going on!

He scooched himself down the culvert with his feet and some how got the ball. BUT - on the way back he had a problem! He cannot use his arms and hands with any strength. He had to literally use his head to try and move himself up out of the culvert! It took him about fifteen minutes to get out!

I THOUGHT i WAS GOING TO HAVE TO CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!

Now it's funny, but I was really pissed!

By the way, my neighbor's son took pics! LOL These will be going into the album when I get a chance!

Have I ever told you my husband has no commonsense? He can't get why I think so!

Nothing gets in the way of a man with a big heart.

Nothing !

Sometimes embarrassing pictures become trophies.

Good for him.

Glen

that's the silliest, sweetest thing i've read today! god bless him!

I was thinking of you tonight....I can only picture the situation. I am sure you can laugh now. I have a warped sense of humor..can't wait to see the pictures. Glad you are all well!

Some lessons are only learned the hard way (or at least it seems to be so with me). God Bless the man for giving it his all! The kids got the ball and a show!

Zaphoon

(I usually try to learn from the mistakes of others. As I have a culvert in my yard - I've filed this one under, "Already tried - Doesn't Work!)

Great story! Your husband was just showing the kids what NOT to do. :shock: Actually, I do that all the time but I make sure that there are no cameras around. I'm glad that he's ok.

You just don't understand men! What choice did he have? LOL

Oh good Lord, CJ, I can't even comment on this!

I'm still grinning away at the image and it is 10 minutes since I first read it. I can hardly wait for the pictures.
Laurel

I don't know why but that was funny. He gets an extra super Father's Day gift this year.

Renee

CJ, Its a gift of yet another silly story to laugh back at. (now) I hope the pictures turned out. He does have a big heart. :cool:

What a great memory for the kids! With pictures yet! I never seem to have a camera when things like that happen in my life! Much better with proof!

CJ,

Thank god he is all right......i'm sure you will laigh everytime you think about it.
It goes to show you men just don't grow up.....

CJ,

LOL ...... It sounds like you children have a great dad!

I just love you guys, I just think of you and your hubby as so darn LOVABLE.. I could just see this all unfolding. I would love to have you as my neighbor's you guys are so darn special..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back